What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9a: Cal’s build

Thanks Jereme and Vlad

Minor squawks: the bottom baffle rods need to be bent further down to avoid possible chafing on the oil return lines; one adel clamp bolt was too long; wiring bundles passing by aileron bell cranks in the wing should have a little more support; one wire in fuselage behind baggage compartment should have one more adel clamp support, and brake lines from TSflightlines with minor slight 1/2” excess should be positioned more towards aircraft belly and not near brake rotor.

Just pretty minor things and easy to fix!

They actually took the time to verify wing spar bolts AND securing nuts in the awful gear weldment area. Also forgot to fully bend over the legs of my cotter pins.

They were happy with fuel flow testing and W/B calculations and engine start video. They did not make me start the engine. My throttle and mixture controls had the full travel, which was good.😊

Minor squawks: the bottom baffle rods need to be bent further down to avoid possible chafing on the oil return lines; one adel clamp bolt was too long; wiring bundles passing by aileron bell cranks in the wing should have a little more support; one wire in fuselage behind baggage compartment should have one more adel clamp support, and brake lines from TSflightlines with minor slight 1/2” excess should be positioned more towards aircraft belly and not near brake rotor.

Just pretty minor things and easy to fix!

They actually took the time to verify wing spar bolts AND securing nuts in the awful gear weldment area. Also forgot to fully bend over the legs of my cotter pins.

They were happy with fuel flow testing and W/B calculations and engine start video. They did not make me start the engine. My throttle and mixture controls had the full travel, which was good.😊

Sounds like they were nice and thorough! Good job, all easy fixes. Keep us posted on first flight.

Congrats Cal!! That's awesome!! Now head down on 112VV 😆 from your new CA friend. 🍻. Going have to check it out first hand one day.

Back