What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dave & Kellee's RV 8

MechPilot

We bought this airplane out of a salvage auction after it was destroyed in a hail storm and we have been fixing it up in between my aircraft maintenance work. It has an Aero Sport O-360 with CS BAF prop. Shown is a core O-360 to build around. New aft fuselage skin and new canopy/skirts. Used the original canopy frame. I am installing a complete Dynon system (HXD, servos, Mode
S Xpdr/ADS-B in and out. Going with the Garmin 400W that came with the plane, new Garmin 345 audio panel, New Garmin GNC 255B and an older SL30. Using the original Dynon D10A as a back up EFIS. the panel is cut and installed. All the wiring in the aft fuselage is completed. All new flight control surfaces are done using the original under structure. All wing skins are removed and the new skins are fitted. HW aux tanks on order and should be here soon. Going to keep the original paint scheme. Going to install a fuel injection kit, right now thinking about the Aero Performance kit.

Attachments

• IMG_3431.jpg
    IMG_3431.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 652
That is N914CV, the last RV I built for myself. I was heart broken when I heard it was destroyed by hail.

Name it Phoenix?

Dave,

Contact me if you's like to talk about the airplane.

RV 8 914CV

Yes, it is. It will come back better than it was. I want to register it with the same N number. Like how it rolls of the tongue. :)

Good to hear from you Mitch. What is behind the Phoenix name?

Attachments

• IMG_3435.jpg
    IMG_3435.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 500
Rising from the ashes. That's what the Phoenix did.

Please let me know when she flies again and some pics.

Sold her ten years ago. Still miss her.

I remember seeing this movie in a theatre all those years ago. Jimmy Stewart loved making airplane movies.

Wheel Pants

Have you bought wheel pants for it yet? I ended up with the ones that came off of it. Maybe we can do some trading!
8Pants.jpg

Last edited:
RV 8 914CV

Getting ready to get some primer on the wind screen glass.

Attachments

• The Phoenix and the Meridian.jpg
    The Phoenix and the Meridian.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 519
Back