What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Lance in Missouri

You have to know Lance lol:D Funny seeing rc clevis and pushrod make it in the real plane. I love the idea of the hing pin wingtips, is that how the stock attach to the wing?

The hinge pin attachment is not stock, but is done frequently, and was not too hard to setup...maybe a 3-4 extra days. Nice thing now, is I can remove 2 bolts in the trailing edge and pull the wing tip in less than a minute.

As to the R/C clevis and pushrod, yea, it was a perfect solution for a simple problem. Only needed 'pull' only, with my spring loaded install, and anything that was full size was way overkill for the need, along with heavier. I also thought about what a complete failure would look like, in this case, the fueling outer door opening in flight, or not easily being able to open the door at the fuel pump, either of which is not a deal breaker.

Unrelated, but I had to laugh to myself, when getting the Aerosport butterfly valve for the air supply to the upper overhead console area, with a good quality R/C servo already mounted into it. If the wheel's already invented, no need to do it again....

Lastly while on the topic of the doors, someone above mentioned the possibility of corrosion with the aluminum rivets and the carbon, which is a real concern. I wet set them in resin, when I put them in, and it seems to have helped, as I put a meter on each of the rivets, and have no connectivity from rivets either into carbon, or into each other. From my digging, 2 things are needed for trouble, direct contact allowing electrical connectivity, and water as an agent. Having set them in wet resin seemed to help with both. It was a great point raised, and one that I'll keep in mind going forward.

Lance

Back