What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I painted my -8 again. On canvas this time.

Paul Tuttle

Well Known Member
I was having a little difficulty transitioning from aircraft builder back to normal human. So, I thought I would try and bridge the gap by painting a picture of my -8 and use some of the skills I've picked up and build an aluminum frame for it.

I chose one of our famous Nova Scotia landmarks for the background.

An enjoyable project all n' all.

xqvq.jpg

Very cool! I envy those who can paint. I'm so colorblind that I can't even get paint-by-numbers right.

In a nice looking frame. Although those corners are pretty sharp and might could use some more deburring :). Beautiful.

We knew that was coming!! :)

Beautiful (as expected) Paul. You have to have a Tuttle for yourself.....

New Business Venture?

WOW! You painted that yourself??? I hope you are ready for the hundreds of requests you will undoubtedly receive from this forum to paint other RV's! Awesome job!

Very nice Paul! Now I know what kind of frame I need for my RV1 canvass. Can you make me one? :)

Beautiful cliffs you have there in NS. Missing you and your great people...

Veeerrry nice. I haven't got an artistic bone in my body...I find it amazing that such nice things can be created free hand. Beautiful work!

Hey Paul

Hi Paul. Nice painting! Just as I remember that remarkable terrain.
Can't wait to make it up there again in my own plane. Flying down the coast was amazing!

Hey Paul,

Very very nice!

I paint all the time, in my dreams.....

Green with envy. I have no such talent.

Painting

Wow Paul. I'm green with envy. What a talent you have! There are many things I wish I had used some of my years learning to do, like painting. I saw President Bush on the Tonight show the other day, and he did a water color of Jay Leno. Not bad for the former leader of the free world, but your work is 100% pro!

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Thanks for all the kind words and to Doug for putting it today's front page.

If you look close at the self portrait there's a VAF hat sighting there.:)

...and the Obvious Question:

Paul,

Do you take commissions for RV paintings? I can't wait to fly my -6 out to Stanley and let it "pose" for a portrait.

Congrats!

Rob Erdos
Ottawa

Sooo cool Paul! Love the painting and the frame! What is the landmark you mentioned?

Looks Like Cape Split!

Hi Paul,

It's a nice looking plane. Thanks for letting me see it a while back. Good job!
:)

Are you gonna be a repeat offender?

Steve Wolfe

Painting

Ya it's the beautiful Cape Split for sure. Sure is nice to know and live so close to a talented and nice person like Paul.

Nice painting Paul for sure.

Back