What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fall colors, an unconventional look

vlittle

Well Known Member
Picture is of a Remembrance Day flypast (Veteran's Day to the USA). There are two Swifts, and RV-4, and RV-6, an RV-7A, an RV-9A (mine) and an RV-8.

This flight crossed over several (nine?) cenotaphs in the Vancouver, BC area. Aircraft are based out of Langley, Pitt Meadows and Victoria BC. For the first time in memory, we were not at VFR minimums. The photo was taken at Victory Square in downtown Vancouver.

Despite the quality of the image, it somehow captures a lot.....

snowflakes-13-11-11.jpg

Last edited:
nicely done....thanks!

Vern & Co.
nothing like the drone of a great formation at the 11th hour....everyone looks skyward, and nods in appreciation.
Unfortunately we had the usual valley scud here in the Okanagan, with about 501' ceilings ( not to get anyone in trouble! ;)

...did you guys do a missing man pull-up at each waypoint? or just a tour? either is great.

wishin' I was there.

Vern & Co.
nothing like the drone of a great formation at the 11th hour....everyone looks skyward, and nods in appreciation.
Unfortunately we had the usual valley scud here in the Okanagan, with about 501' ceilings ( not to get anyone in trouble! ;)

...did you guys do a missing man pull-up at each waypoint? or just a tour? either is great.

wishin' I was there.

It was just a tour. Some of the Cenotaphs are just a few minutes apart, so no opportunity for the missing man.

Cheers,

Cenotaph. I had to look it up - learn something new every day.

Very pretty. I always find it stunning how beautiful fall colors look on a grey day - unexpectedly perhaps brighter than a clear blue day.

The ultimate Cenotaph (for Canadians) is pictured here:

vimy_monument.jpg

It is on my bucket list to visit this war memorial at Vimy, France. My grandfather fought at Vimy and was wounded there. The victory by Canadian troops is considered the most significant ground battle of the great war. Sadly, all of the veterans of this conflict have now passed. What remains are the memories of great men like my grandfather.

some creative photography there. A. nice. was it cropped? what is the image in the lower right hand corner?
IMG_1053.jpg

Last edited:
some creative photography there. A. nice. was it cropped? what is the image in the lower right hand corner?

Believe it or not, this photo was (apparently) taken off of a television monitor at the Victory Square site! What you see in the bottom right is the station logo or similar. Nevertheless, it looks very artistic.

Back