What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-8 is flying over Chilean skies

AirbusPilot

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,

Today morning I maiden fly my friend Patricio Alfaro RV-8 over La Serena (SCSE) Chile. Airplane flew just great, engine temp at 25/2500 were 180 degree for oil and all CHT around 395, indicated speed was 155 to 160 Kts at 3000 feet and I think that is great without wheel pants and fairings.

Here is some pictures taken from Hernan Santibañez RV-7, who made a great job flying as a chase plane, so thanks ;)

http://vimeo.com/79225714

ujk0.jpg

fn75.jpg

sncx.jpg

3g71.jpg

Last edited:
Fernando! Nothing slows you and your friends down does it? Congratulations on the first flight.

We had a first RV-8 flight at our airport just two days ago too... What great airplanes. I haven't flown it yet, but I expect to this week sometime.

Still have to get you in my Rocket the next time you come up this way...

Lee...

Beautiful place to fly!

Contratulations Fernando, that is a very nice looking plane. My brother lives in Santiago and we visited him this past March. What a beautiful country and those Andes Mts. are amazing. I actually got to fly in an ultralight off a small strip near Santiago. The pilots first name was Patricio, but I can't remember his last name. Enjoy those blue skies!

Contratulations Fernando, that is a very nice looking plane. My brother lives in Santiago and we visited him this past March. What a beautiful country and those Andes Mts. are amazing. I actually got to fly in an ultralight off a small strip near Santiago. The pilots first name was Patricio, but I can't remember his last name. Enjoy those blue skies!

Next time in Chile I can give you a ride on my 8. I live in Santiago an my plane is at SCTB inside city.

Gradually RVs are becoming more popular, it's hard work in South America but there are a few.
Congratulations!
Let's get more!

Thanks!

Next time in Chile I can give you a ride on my 8. I live in Santiago an my plane is at SCTB inside city.
Thanks for the invitation Fernando. I'll keep your email handy and be certain to contact you next time we are down that way.

Hi Fernando

congratulations on the RV-8. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Are you in Tobalaba?

I have a good friend there, Cesar Cornejo at Aeroservicio.

Have great flights with your plane.

Hermann

Hi Fernando

congratulations on the RV-8. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Are you in Tobalaba?

I have a good friend there, Cesar Cornejo at Aeroservicio.

Have great flights with your plane.

Hermann

Hi Hermann,

My RV-8 CC-PXG is based on Tobalaba SCSE, the one that I just maiden on the video is owned by Patricio Alfaro and is based on La Serena SCSE.

Regards,

Fernando

Back