What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Commitment is made!!

arr

Sponsor
Hello Vans Folks,

I just confirmed payment on the empennage for an RV10. Tools are ordered.
Work benches are made. Garage is organized and cleaned out.

Family seems to be on board.

Flying has been a life-long dream with past lessons and solo flights but never finished getting the PPL. This is all lined out with a CFI and I've been spending time in the hangar of the local EAA chapter head.

There's no reason not to start on this journey.

Here goes!

Andrew

Congrats! Fly as much as you can while you build and don't be afraid to ask questions.

West Coast Fires

Well,

I am still ready to go.....but, with the fires in Oregon, the order for the empennage is delayed !

The biggest challenge? I find myself over-researching this great site and watching too many youtube videos. Now I have too much time on my hands and am buying tools that I may never need!

Can't wait to get started. Thanks to everyone for your excellent posts on your builds. The wisdom, experience and advice is superb.

Andy

Tools

Well,

I am still ready to go.....but, with the fires in Oregon, the order for the empennage is delayed !

The biggest challenge? I find myself over-researching this great site and watching too many youtube videos. Now I have too much time on my hands and am buying tools that I may never need!

Can't wait to get started. Thanks to everyone for your excellent posts on your builds. The wisdom, experience and advice is superb.

Andy

NO SUCH THING AS “TOOLS YOU MAY NEVER NEED”😎

Well,

Andy

I’m in the same boat as you....waiting for the empanage kit to arrive. Shop is ready, table is built tools on the way .....just need som aluminum!
Have fun with your build

West Coast is struggling!!

Well, over five weeks after the empennage order and I don't have a ship date!

Apparently, the fires have really set things back in the crating and shipping department. That, along with an onslaught of orders, has set things back.

I am not sure if I should send another reminder email.....

In the meantime, I need to stop buying tools!

Well, let me know when you get your aluminium!

Then the challenge: who gets done faster???

Old Dominion

Well, today I finally received the email I've been looking for!

Vans shipped the empennage kit!

Soon....very soon!

Progress!

After five years since my couple of hours in a Tomahawk (not a great experience) and 15 years since soloing in a Cessna 172, I am now finishing my PPL and will go from there.

Today: my first lesson on my road back. Grumman AA-5 with an awesome guy for my CFI. His daily job is as a crop duster here in the Fresno area.

It was amazing fun doing S-turns, etc. Beautiful weather and a great view!

#2 announcement: Empennage is being dropped off on Monday!!

Good times.

Well, over five weeks after the empennage order and I don't have a ship date!

Apparently, the fires have really set things back in the crating and shipping department. That, along with an onslaught of orders, has set things back.

I am not sure if I should send another reminder email.....

In the meantime, I need to stop buying tools!

Haha good luck with that

Back