What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KatieB's RV-9

KatieB

Well Known Member
Well, I did it... Merry Christmas to me! I've been talking about doing it for over a year, and finally placed my order for an RV-9 tail kit. Since selling Tony Boy, my RV-3B rebuild project, I've lurked around here just to keep in touch, probably annoying a few people and stirring some pots, but it just ain't the same. I've missed being an active part of this community and I've missed working on airplanes. I anticipated waiting quite a while to get my tail kit... so I placed my order today. But Van's charged my card for the whole amount. So I'll take that as a cue to start building my basement workshop! :eek::eek: S***'s getting real!!

Cheers y'all, & Merry Christmas! I am SO excited! :D

Katie----congrats on starting the elephant sandwich :D:D

And, Merry Christmas back at ya.

Glad you carried through on the threat Katie! ANd although its not a -3, we’re happy to have you back in the builder column....

Paul

I guess this means the Cougar is out.... :cool:

-Marc

Yeah, it would have been really cool to work with Dan & Rachel on one of those! But it’s not done yet, and I think a side-by-side is more practical for what I want to do with the plane. And I missed all these yahoo’s on VAF. :D

You will love the 9 Katie great choice! I was wondering what happened to your 3B project you were so close... Welcome back!

PS; place order for the wings right away there is not much to build in the tail :)

Jeff_1_(1).jpeg

Good choice

You have joined a small but very wise group of -9 drivers. We have the best kept secret all-around flying model that Vans offers. You will love that wing and hopefully you will have your plane built and flying soon. Enjoy the journey!

the -9 will keep you safer and a -9A will keep your insurance rates lower. think about how much avgas that could buy.... every year. it's thousands of dollars.

Last edited:
You will love the 9 Katie great choice! I was wondering what happened to your 3B project you were so close... Welcome back!

PS; place order for the wings right away there is not much to build in the tail :)

Jeff_1_(1).jpeg

I can’t build faster than my bank account! Haha!

With you... building along

Just placed my deposit on my 9A today! How is your emp kit coming along? Can’t wait to start this journey!

Back