What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Spar Web replacement

Mopar591

Well Known Member
I have a few holes that are miss drilled and now that im using the rv-4 wings on an rv-6 I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered a replacement web and web doubler from vans? I am planning on calling them tomorrow to see if it is even available and the cost.. it seems the last owner only drilled into the left spar.. Hopefully I can disassemble the spar and change the web out without any problems..

You sure you need to replace the web? A few miss drilled holes may not be an issue. If you do, I am sure Van's will have what you need. If not, the plans show everything you need to fabricate it.

You Are Correct, Contact Van's

Yeah, Tyler, I'd contact Van's to find out what you need, if anything. You might want to send them some pictures of the misdrilled holes so they can give you a better idea of what is required to be safe. As long as your spar caps are good, you might be okay, but only Van's can tell you that.

Whatever you do, protect those spar caps with your life! :D You know what I mean!

Spar damage

Do you have details of the damage, depth, width and height dimensions and of course the location along the spar, there may be a repair you can do, photo's and a call to VAN's might save you a lot of work.

Yea the spar caps are fine.. IM sending some pics over to vans this week and hopefully I wont need to replace the web.

Back