What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N888JM First Flight !!!

jeffmoreau

Well Known Member
Sunday morning (June 20th, 2010) at approximately 7:40 AM EDT, my RV-8A
N888JM took to the air for it's first flight. Some of you may recall that several of my fiberglass pieces were lost in a paint shop fire. This certainly slowed up my progress, but I didn't let it stop me. The airplane flew extremely well.
When trimmed up it flew quite level (No Heavy Wing) with the ball in the center. Nothing more than a few minor squaks with some settings on the EMS.
The project was completed over a time span of 5 years 7 months and 11 days.
I won't consider it complete until final paint is completed. It weighs in at 1,115 pounds and includes a complete IFR panel that includes a Garmin 430, Garmin SL-30, Garmin GTX 327 Transponder, Dynon D-180 Flight Deck and a Tru-Track
dual axis autopilot. Thanks to Abby at Flightline Interiors for a great looking set of seats and armrests. Thanks to everyone that helped in the construction of this aircraft. If you have any questions I will be glad to assist you in any way that I am able. I wouldn't have been able to complete this aircraft if it wasn't for this forum. Thank you very much! Here are a few photos of the day that my dream came true.

img2210er.th.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
img2215r.th.jpg
[/URL]

img2208u.th.jpg
[/URL]

img2210q.th.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Congrats!

I remember the story about the paint shop fire and all of your damaged/destroyed stuff. I'll bet it feels great to have worked past that obstacle and to have finished your plane.

I still think you should dub her "Phoenix" - for the bird that rises from the ashes.

Enjoy Phase One! It's a blast!:D

Way to go!

Congrats Jeff! I'm very happy for you! Looks like another RV for the chapter. I guess I'm next in the queue. Looking forward to talking to you about the first flight! When do I get my incentive ride?

Kent

Congratulations, Jeff!!!

Now all you have to do is fly it over to Fayetteville (FYV) as you promised. Enjoy phase one. I won't be forgetting the hospitality you and all the others in your EAA chapter showed me while I was in Chesapeake...

Bill Bentley
RV6A, Flying (6 years)

Now all you have to do is fly it over to Fayetteville (FYV) as you promised. Enjoy phase one. I won't be forgetting the hospitality you and all the others in your EAA chapter showed me while I was in Chesapeake...

Bill Bentley
RV6A, Flying (6 years)

Bill,
I am looking forward to coming out to FYV. Count on it my friend.
I would love to see you.
Jeff

Back