What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight RV-7A 377KG

Bugsy

Well Known Member
Well after 6 years, 3 military PCS moves and 2 deployments, 377KG took to the skys with Vic Syracuse (DAR/multiple builder) at the helm. Vic did an outstanding inspection that found stuff I never would have thought, like the loose alternator wire at the fuse on the panel. Once I fixed the too do list and buttoned it up Vic took to the skys, sure glad that I had Vic do the first flight, not so proud that I have to be first, Vic provided a wealth of info on how my plane flys. In addition to Vic, special thanks to Kent Stitt (RV7A), Loyyd Montegue (RV8), Guy Prevost (RV8A), Sid 'Scroll' Mayeux (RV7A) for their help and advice. And of course my wife Kathy who understood my dream.

Best of all, I get to change my Vans AF signature block to "FLYING"

21l07sz.jpg

2d2i2x1.jpg

2lkbn1d.jpg

Excellent

Fly off the hours, learn the plane and enjoy the stuffing out of it. Good job.

Just grabbing a beer and sitting on a lawn chair looking at what you built...and what it can do....simply one of the great pleasures.

Enjoy.

Great job, Paul. Congratulations...and thank you for your service! Have fun in your 7A.

So, have you decided which model you will be building next? :D

Great job!

Paul did a wonderful job on this aircraft. I am sure he and his family are going to start building many memories!
I was very honored to inspect it and fly it for him.

Vic

Congrats!!!!!

Paul,
I was so glad to hear the news! I know it has been a long journey with lots of twists and turns. I am glad I was able to help you and your family along the way. Now the really fun part begins! See you at Oshkosh this summer! (I'll be at the Eagles Nest Project booth)

AWESOME!!

Bugsy,
That is absolutely TREMENDOUS news! Whoooo doggy! I'm really glad I got to help out. You've built a really nicely-crafted machine, Brother.

Now, go fly! :cool:

Congratulations Paul!

I'm so happy for you! Enjoy it! You are the first helper on my project that has finished your own since then.

Guy

Outstanding!

Fantastic! Now the real fun begins. I love flying our airplane and I love working on it! You will too! Now you can think of going places in terms of "Vans Hour". Have Fun!

Back