What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-4s near Shreveport, LA

BuffDriver

I'm New Here
Hey Guys,

I've been lurking the forum for a while now daydreaming about owning an RV-4. I'm finally at a point where I can afford to buy one. I was wondering if there was anyone near Shreveport, LA that would let me take a look at your RV-4. I don't need a ride or anything (although that would be awesome), just want to sit in it and see how it fits. My buddy that I'm buying this with is a big guy and he wants to make sure he's comfortable in it.

Thanks!

Darin

Darin
There are a couple of RV's at KDTN, but I cant think of a 4 out there. There is a RV fleet in Farmerville, LA which is just east of Shreveport. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more information than what I have. Good luck!

Darin,
The nearest RV-4 that I think of is in Dumas, Arkansas.
It belongs to Gerald Loyd (Bulldog).
I'm sure he'd let you guys try it on, but you'd probably have to come to Farmerville, LA or Pine Bluff, AR to meet up with him. We practice formation about once a week at one of these locations.

We also fly with a Buff instructor callsign "Q". He has an RV-8 at KDTN.
If by some chance you don't know him you should look him up!

Let me know if you want/need contact info for these guys.

Looking forward to seeing you in that new 4!

Mark

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking the forum for a while now daydreaming about owning an RV-4. I'm finally at a point where I can afford to buy one. I was wondering if there was anyone near Shreveport, LA that would let me take a look at your RV-4. I don't need a ride or anything (although that would be awesome), just want to sit in it and see how it fits. My buddy that I'm buying this with is a big guy and he wants to make sure he's comfortable in it.

Thanks!

Darin

RV-4

Thanks for the reply Mark. Will you let me know next time you guys are at Farmville? I will make a trip out there for sure.

Not familiar with Q. Is he an IP in the school house? I'll have to look him up, maybe he wouldn't mind sharing a hangar :)

I look forward to flying formation with you guys once I get an RV-4 and get proficient in it.

Darin

Mark, Isn't there a few rv4s in Lafayette or Broussard, La? I cant recall the mans name that owns them

RV-4

There was a guy on here I think he went by Mark33 that had a 4 in New Roads. I think he was finishing up his 7 and was going to sell the 4.

Lafayette/Broussard and New Roads are both about 3 hours drive from Shreveport, but if flying, they would be considered close in my book.

Last edited:
RV-4

There was a guy on here I think he went by Mark33 that had a 4 in New Roads. I think he was finishing up his 7 and was going to sell the 4.

Yeah, I have one down in New Roads. If you're down that way I would be glad to let you have a look at it and try it on for size. I fly up to Hernando Mississippi from time to time and I'd be glad to stop by your location and let your check her out. I'm getting very close to finishing my -7 but I'll still have the -4 available for the next foreseeable future.

Mark

RV-4

I like you wanted to try one on for fit and looked at a couple before I decided it was a bit tight for me. I'm 6' 1" or 2" and weigh in @ 230. Also got to figuring my passengers would all have to be pretty much less than 200which meant there were very few that could ride with me. I think the -4's get to be a handful with 200+ in the back and light on fuel.

Even though I really wanted a -4 I wound up with a -6 that I really like.

I have a rv8 in lake Charles Louisiana. Not flying yet but you are welcome to try it on for size, it is nearly finished including paint. My website is available to look also, just click the link below.

Bird

Thanks for the replies everybody. Hopefully we can meet up to test out the fit this weekend. I'm not sure I can afford an -8, so I hope the -4 works.

-Darin

Last edited:
Back