What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gemini ADI Pirep

jeffmoreau

Well Known Member
Has anyone received their new Gemini ADI?

If so, how about a Pirep. Photos of it would be a welcome bonus!

Regards,

Has anyone received their new Gemini ADI?

If so, how about a Pirep. Photos of it would be a welcome bonus!

Regards,

Lucas mentioned on another forum that five were ready to go out the door today.

Now we just need to get the PFD shipping. :(

bob

Saw it today. Very light and good looking :D that's the PIREP I got. No, it's not mine.

gemini1.jpg

gemini2.jpg

Anyone? Hello? Anyone out there with a Gemini???

As Bob mentioned, due to another snafu with parts we can't build any more at this time. :( I've shipped out four of them, and not all may be members on this board. We're expecting the parts shipment hopefully by the end of this week or next and then we will be able to get started with production quantities.

Anyone have a Pirep?

I understand there are several of these out in the field now.
Anyone have a Pirep?

I have one installed.

2012-02-12.2261.jpeg

So far I have made one flight with it. WX has kept me grounded or I would have made others.

From my one flight experience, it's awesome. You can hold altitude extremely easily with this instrument. It's almost too easy. The pitch display is waaay more sensitive than you get from a traditional attitude display. This level of sensitivity allows you to hold altitude easily. Forget AOA and airpseed -- if the horizon of the instrument is on the line, you're holding altitude. Period.

I hope to have more useful information to report after future flights.

Keep us updated

I have one installed.

2012-02-12.2261.jpeg

So far I have made one flight with it. WX has kept me grounded or I would have made others.

From my one flight experience, it's awesome. You can hold altitude extremely easily with this instrument. It's almost too easy. The pitch display is waaay more sensitive than you get from a traditional attitude display. This level of sensitivity allows you to hold altitude easily. Forget AOA and airpseed -- if the horizon of the instrument is on the line, you're holding altitude. Period.

I hope to have more useful information to report after future flights.
Please keep me posted as you test fly it further.
I would really appreciate it.

Yesterday I installed one in a friend's RV-6. This airplane has a traditional six-pack and had vaccum instruments. Pump failed and I told him to get that **** out of the panel bubba, its time to upgrade. Very easy to install and required absolutely no configuration. Hook four wires up, pitot and static, and go fly. It works great. I did some rolls with it and found it takes about 5 secs. back on straight and level for it to right itself again. Anything below 90 degrees of bank and back to level was spot on. Very bright and easily seen on a bright and sunny day. I would feel very comfortable with this instrument in the clouds.

photo.JPG

Great update - thank you.

I assume the DG came out after you installed the Gemini since it can do that too? Numbers sure look small though...any trouble seeing them?

Great update - thank you.

I assume the DG came out after you installed the Gemini since it can do that too? Numbers sure look small though...any trouble seeing them?

Correct. The numbers are too small I agree. The VSI could in theory come out as well since pitch is basically vertical speed. It works quite well.

Back