What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quirky Things Seen From The Air in Your RV

Pic of one of the many corn mazes that are created in the Lehigh Valley.
This one is at Seiple Farms Family Owned.
Happened to pass over it on my way to Cherry Ridge Airport Restaurant one morning.
It says "Have Fun getting lost. discover lehigh valley com" http://www.seiplefarms.com/autumn.html
shr41Bns

OK, late to the party but wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this.
While I live in the Pacific Northwest now, after a 24 year military career, I grew up only a couple of miles north of that corner!

Nice trip down memory land. :)

Skunkworks, Thanks for posting.

John I slowed down to 110 knots and spiraled to 1000 feet but it wasn't too visible. I got up to 1,700' and made couple circles. Inverted? No, I fly an RV9 :)

What are they?

I give up .... me being in Australia haven't got the foggiest what those buildings and farm(?) patterns are,.:confused: and more:confused:

That very last picture from Vlad looks like a simulated urban warfare training facility or something like that ... though I'd be surprised he got to fly so close to one if that is indeed the case? Or maybe it's old and never used ... The SEALs are based in NJ are they not? ;)

That's all the State of New Jersey. All within 20-30 RV minutes. :D

"That very last picture from Vlad looks like a simulated urban warfare training facility or something like that ... "

Yup sure does. There was a show on Discovery/History/Whatever channel a few years back that had the same thing but bigger and WAAAAAAY out in the desert in California. They even employed civilians to play the part of locals stocked the town with burnt out cars, donkeys, stray dogs, etc... in an effort to make it as realistic as possible to train forces before deployment.

That is Bard College. Proud to say my son graduated from this college. Enjoyed many visits to the College during my son's four year journey. It is near Rheinbeck Aerodrome. Bard College is one of the best places to visit if you are in the area.

Submarine leaving Long Island!

Vlad,
So where are you and the sub headed? Seriously, that's awesome.

Jim Diehl 7A
Lock Haven, pa

Red October in NY Harbor

Vlad,
So where are you and the sub headed? Seriously, that's awesome.

Jim Diehl 7A
Lock Haven, pa

It's Red October Jim thanks for watching. There were couple Ospreys looking for it. :D

Last edited:
From west wimmera in Oz,
(it's been a bit dry in Kaniva, but in typical dry humour, they'll tell you at least they saved on diesel fuel), although if they can afford GPS autopilot on the harvesters...

good rains though this last month

1449532937241.jpg

Photo from Colin Dyer

Last edited:
IMG_0786.jpg

this pic was taken a long time ago. first trip out west in the rv. brought it up on knife edge and caught this great pic. :cool:

Last edited:
Elevator Test

244 meter tall building only 21 meters in diameter, but has 12 elevators!
Rottweil Germany elevator test building.

14sdw5w.jpg

Air Force Test Site

I was born in Oneida NY and spent many years in that area. When Griffiss AFB was an active base there was a full size B52 mock up at the test site. A friend keeps an airplane on a private strip only a couple miles from the test site.

Early 90's

I was born in Oneida NY and spent many years in that area. When Griffiss AFB was an active base there was a full size B52 mock up at the test site. A friend keeps an airplane on a private strip only a couple miles from the test site.

I flew over there in the early 90's and they had a C 130 on a pedestal. Was told they were zapping it with man made lighting bolts to test reaction to onboard systems. It may have been a mock up but it sure did look real from above.

Maybe more chance a drilling platform than missile launchers! I hear those windmills will suck you in so stay clear! Ha!!

Well, there's the proof. The Russians know where our missle launchers are!

Sorry Vlad, couldn't pass that one up.

Don't tell them but...

Well, there's the proof. The Russians know where our missle launchers are!

Sorry Vlad, couldn't pass that one up.

Wow, we Yankees are getting pretty clever. That missile site looks a lot like an oil well frac job in progress.

Back