What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Custom Wing Walk

ChrisMcC

I recently had my RV-7 painted, and I incorporated a custom logo on the tail and the same design stitched on the seats. I then took some skateboard deck tape to a local laser engraver to see about cutting this design into the wingwalks. She practiced for a few weeks until she got just the right laser power to perforate the logo edges, not damage the material, and not burn her business down (!!!).

I think the results came out great, and the engraver said she is happy to do the same custom work for any other builders. Let me know if you want her contact info. I bought the deck tape off Amazon, $14 for a pair. The engraver charged me $10 per walk. $34 total. Here are the results...

IMG_5698_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_5702-M.jpg

(The above marks on the tape is just my DNA from applying the tape.)

IMG_5332-L.jpg

Wow, nice! And I like the paint scheme, too... Haven't seen that done before, it's always nice to see something new.

Chris did a great job on the plane. She's a beauty! His scheme and color choice are really something in person. Love the wing walk, too.

Back