What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PC680 failure

billnaz

Well Known Member
I just replaced my PC680 battery after just 18 months. Another data point to add to the evidence of the lack of quality in recent manufacturing. My first PC680 was replaced after 5 years of service and was still strong. This one was the second one to last less than two years. Batteries plus replaced it for free though. With two years non prorated warrantee, Odyssey needs to reassess their designed obsolescence.
I did get a balanced charger with 2amp rate which is what Odyssey recommends. I'll use it and see if it makes a difference in longevity.

Every time I hear of a PC-680 battery failure it was from Batteries Plus or some other discount battery dealer. I know that the B & C PC-116-1 battery doesn't seem to have the same failure rate. I was giving Bill's son a ride this weekend and we briefly discussed batteries and they are not seeing this trend. I do personally know that B & C load test every new battery before putting them on the shelf and on occasion will reject one. B & C may not be the cheapest, however since my planes fuel system is all electric (no mechanical) I will trust both of my batteries to Bill. Yeah I know that I'm bias to the hometown company, but the quality and personal service is there and worth every penny.

Last edited:
Back