What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No front page today. Mom is in the hospital.

Tough Times

Doug,

Went through nearly the exact same thing. My mom was a life long smoker and fell in her back yard. Although not broken, her hip was badly bruised. No cancer but the medication they put her on caused her extreme dehydration. She didn't recover and died in her sleep. She wanted two things in death, not to suffer and not be in a nursing home. She got both.

Your RV family is thinking about you in these tough times. Hang in there!!!

Doug,
My heartfelt sympathies to Mom on this terrible news. We know from your writings that she is one tough lady, and we know she'll fight through this. Give Mom a gentle hug (watch those ribs!), and tell her we're all pulling for her.

Prayers to all, and hugs to you and Susie too. If you need anything, just let me know.

Prayers for your Mom

Doug,

My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. Keeping all of you in my prayers!!

Bob

DR, just say the word and give us an address and I bet several thousand cards would be winging her way. At that age they prefer cards to computers. That's gotta make her feel better.

My 89yo mom (dementia +) fell and broke her hip 3 weeks ago. Struggling with rehab here.

Keeping your family in our prayers.

Stay strong.

Prayers & thoughts to your Mom, you and family Doug for a good recovery. We are all only issued one Mom. Ain't nobody else like em....
God Bless Doug,

Wishing your Mom the best Doug. Prayers from this family to your family. Moms are all special.
Take your time with what you are doing now with family as that is the most important item.
Pat Garboden
Katy, TX

DR

As I said in my email you & your mom are getting an Our Father each day from NE Georgia. I said one while up in The Mockingbird this afternoon.
God speed

Jerry

Sunday Update

DR's Sunday update: "It's lung cancer that spread to the brain. Maybe a year and half. Radiation starts tomorrow. The fight begins...please keep my Mom in your prayers."

Doug,
Tell Virginia she is in ALL our prayers. She's a tough cookie...she is a Reeves, after all. And we're here for you, Susan, and the kids.
Lots of love from the VAF.

Prayers

dr and family,

So very sorry to hear of this diagnosis. You can count on your momma as well as you and your family being in my daily prayers.

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed,
you will say to this mountain, Be moved
from this place to that; and it will be moved;
and nothing will be impossible to you.

Matthew 17:20

Dear Doug and family,

Please remember that your whole VAF extended family, throughout the world, is holding all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Most of all, know that God is with you always, every step of the way, every breath you take, every tear you shed and every worry your heart can generate. You will never have to go through this alone.

Thinking of you and your family

Doug,

I can't imagine how difficult this must be, and we are very sorry to hear these news. We have never personally met, but please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Fernando

Doug, my mom had cancer. It was a two year battle. There were good days among the difficult times. If there's anything that can be said good about cancer it's that every day becomes more precious. Please know that this big VAF family you've created is thinking of your family during this time. Best wishes, DR!

dr, Keeping your family in our prayers.

Please read the book "World Without Cancer" by G. Edward Griffin. A Google search will lead to a downloadable PDF.

One more possible wrench in the tool bag.

Your Mom, you, and your family are in our prayers.
Always know that God's plan may not be the same as yours.
If this is God's task for you, I am sure you will meet it head on.
Perhaps your RV is not a toy, but a tool to assist you in your duty.

You're in my prayers, too, Doug. I lost my Dad one year ago due to cancer in his lung, so I know what you're feeling and going through. But he was 85, almost 86 years old. My prayers are that your Mom has a GOOD outcome, and may she live on for you and all your family.

Doug---we dont think of our planes as a time saver for things like this. But, in the case of needing to be with a loved one RAPIDLY, these RV's are a blessing.
You and your family have alot of support, and certainly all of VAF is on standby should you need anything.
Tom

Sorry to hear about this turn of events. Dealing with aging parents is tough. Our prayers are with you.

I'm glad to hear that you Mom will have your sister close by. Having family nearby makes a huge difference.

I'm sorry your mother and her family are struggling. May you all be blessed with whatever you need to overcome these challenges and to find peace. If some of those blessings can come from your many friends here, just ask. Unless you ask, we'll remain quietly at your side, but do please remember we're always here for you.

--
Stephen

if you need anything...

Prayers for your family. Although we live in Galveston, our office is close by so let us know if you need anything. We would be honored if you asked.
David & Catherine

Aviable airport in Houston

Doug,

You'll be coming to Houston more than you think !!!

We want to offer you the use of DryCreek Airport (TS07) as needed.
It's located in NW Houston. We'll find a place to hanger your airplane and should be able find transportation to the Med Center.

Please feel free to contact me.

My sympathies ---

Gary Jones

I would add stay strong for your kids. You are teaching them how to react to (and deal with) these types of life situations when they are adults. Be strong, stay strong, be there for them too.

Lotta Love and Prayers

Know that the Welch's are adding our prayers and best wishes for your Mom, you and your family.
Dave and Ellen

Airports close to Katy

KTME is close to your sister in Katy, great runway on the outskirts of Class B.
Great weekend fuel prices, off the truck, under $5.00/gal.
Call me if you need a ride or anything as I am in Katy.

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9a N942PT

Dues paid

Checkered flag

As a good friend told me : I either beat this and be with my loved ones or get to meet my Maker there is no loosing. Your family is in our prayers.
G.P.

When my mom went to the hospital on her final day and my sister called me I fly my airplane down (would have been a 6 hour drive) and got to the hospital in time to spend the last 2 hours of my mom's life with her at her bedside. One of the things she said rght before she went to be with the Lord was "Do you see the angels flying around?" Shortly thereafter she passed on.

If I had not been able to fly my airplane down I would have missed being with her.

Back