What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

sidney.scott

I'm New Here
Hi all, I'm a student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. I hold an FAA A&P rating. I'm apart of a small group of students (3) trying to start a build club at our school. We put together our business plan and have selected the RV-8A for our first build as a club. The club will be called Eagle Sport Aero, when it is approved by our university's committee. I will be browsing the forum to get info and when we start the build I will have questions, I'm sure. I'm also a member of EAA and have our local chapter providing support for us during the build and for the test flight phase, when that time comes. I look forward to reading your posts and learning more about the Van's RV-8, and other Van's aircraft.

Welcome to VAF!

Sidney, welcome to the good ship VAF.

Good luck with the build club idea, sounds like you have come up with a great idea.

Welcome, Sidney. I was just in Prescott last week but wasn't able to stop in to see your facilities there. Congrats on choosing a great school, and even more on choosing a great airframe. Your best choice of all is choosing this great community of fellow builders. I'm sure we'll eventually learn as much from you as you will from us.

--
Stephen

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, you are going to really enjoy building and flying a rv8.

Bird

Back