What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tools

Stalldog

Well Known Member
Do we ever stop buying them? Seems every time I turn around I need something else! Oh well, guess my kids will receive quite a tool inheritance some day!!! :rolleyes:

I once told the lady at Avery?s that with the current purchase I was done buying tools. She just laughed at me. How rude, I AM the CUSTOMER after all.

The next week when I called back to order something else, I wonder if spoke to the same lady.

With over 350 hours on the clock, I?m still buying new tools.

I hope not or my kid will be starving! ;)

-

Good one! I'm still laughing. :D Guess there's always two ways to look at things, right? To be honest I'm glad there are good folks like you to buy from! Now, about that 50% discount . . . . :rolleyes:

I once told the lady at Avery?s that with the current purchase I was done buying tools. She just laughed at me. How rude, I AM the CUSTOMER after all.

The next week when I called back to order something else, I wonder if spoke to the same lady.

With over 350 hours on the clock, I?m still buying new tools.

Well, I guess that answers my original question! Now I understand why folks build another RV after the first -- not only does one have the experience, but you've already bought $20k worth of tools, so might as well put them to use (again). :D

Tools, Tape, Paint, Gloves, MEK, Rivits, add-on's.. it never ends! My credit card looks like a war zone and my wife is starting to get that look again. After buying the wing and fuse kit I had to redo the kitchen to calm her down!

Tools, Tape, Paint, Gloves, MEK, Rivits, add-on's.. it never ends! My credit card looks like a war zone and my wife is starting to get that look again. After buying the wing and fuse kit I had to redo the kitchen to calm her down!

That's odd. Even though my wife is onboard with what I'm doing and is helping me some, she has also mentioned a kitchen upgrade. Must be a woman thing? Maybe there's a Van's conspiracy with the wives to get new kitchens built around the country! :rolleyes:

Kitchen upgrade?

You should consider yourself lucky with a kitchen upgrade. The first step in my wife's kitchen upgrade is buying a "vintage" range and having it refurbished...a total of about $6k. For a stove.

It climbs from there. The kitchen upgrade is only the first segment of her demands.

Toooooolssss

Can't wait to get to Oshkosh and see what new tools and time savers are going to be offerred there! I admit I am a tool junkie. And that was also a reason I built my second RV, too. Boredum and having the required tools. I also can not sell a lot of them.

RV 8A, flying 62 hours
Little Miss Kitty

Can't wait to get to Oshkosh and see what new tools and time savers are going to be offerred there! I admit I am a tool junkie. And that was also a reason I built my second RV, too. Boredum and having the required tools. I also can not sell a lot of them.

RV 8A, flying 62 hours
Little Miss Kitty

My name is Randy and I am a TOOL JUNKIE!! :D

That's odd. Even though my wife is onboard with what I'm doing and is helping me some, she has also mentioned a kitchen upgrade. Must be a woman thing? Maybe there's a Van's conspiracy with the wives to get new kitchens built around the country! :rolleyes:

Van's true cost estimator:

1) Tools
2) Kitchen Table
3) Empennage
4) bedroom outfit
5) Wings
6) bathroom remodel
7) Fuselage
8) kitchen remodel
9) FWF
10) Move to new house
11) Engine
12) hardwood floors
13) avionics
14) deck
etc :)

Van's true cost estimator:

1) Tools
2) Kitchen Table
3) Empennage
4) bedroom outfit
5) Wings
6) bathroom remodel
7) Fuselage
8) kitchen remodel
9) FWF
10) Move to new house
11) Engine
12) hardwood floors
13) avionics
14) deck
etc :)

#10 was only to upgrade your shop right :)

Back