What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Earthx Batteries. Excellent customer service

findane

I purchased an Earthx Battery just over two years ago. I installed it to test my panel. It was used for about 15 minutes to test some of the avionics. I disconnected the battery and it sat for about 18 months. It has completely discharged and will not accept a charge.

I explained the situation with Earthx. Even though the battery is a few weeks
out of warranty and I should have had a battery charger/maintainer connected, they are standing by their product. They are replacing the battery under warranty. That is excellent customer service!

Dear Findane,

We are very happy you are a satisfied customer! You are not the first, nor will you be the last, to inadvertently forget to charge your battery during the exciting and sometimes long duration it takes to build a plane. This seems like a great spot to remind builders that any battery chemistry, lead acid or lithium, needs to be periodically topped off when not in use to avert having the voltage drain too low as this will permanently damage the battery. If you have a lead acid battery, I would recommend every 3 months topping it off, and if you have a lithium, I would recommend every 6 months topping it off to ensure it's longevity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back