What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Local source for black conduit

bkthomps

Well Known Member
Does home depot sell conduit? I thought radio shack would but they do not, very frustrating to run out of this stuff!

Depending on where you are using it, the stuff is not all created equal. Some is not even fireproof.

I was looking to quickly run out and grab some at lunch, I appreciate the offer Daniel but Lawrenceville is distance prohibitive for me being an hourly employee. I don't mind spending a few dollars on it, even pay the Ace Hardware tax, I just want to know they have it before i burn up my time driving around to the wrong places

I've seen black conduit at Frys, I dont know if it is similar stuff. There are rolls of the stuff in various diameters.

Conduit can be found at most electrical supply shops. I got some at Fry's, but it is split. The stuff Van's sells is not split. If you are routing this somewhere like under the floor boards, you probably don't want the split.

I've seen it at HD...looked exactly the same as the stuff I got from Van's...worth looking into.

Most Electrical Wholesale houses carry it in a dizzying variety. Most will sell on a cash basis if you dont have an account but often they have a minimum order size. They call it "smurf" tubing, I think because the original stuff was blue.
I do not know how it may or may not differ in construction, fire resistance, etc.... or if it even does.
PS - it is formally called ENT (Electrical Non-Metalic Tubing)

Last edited:
If you haven't found any yet, you're welcome to what we've got left over. It's probably enough to finish your project.

Back