What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX35R not recognised

design4p

Hi,

I have a full suite of Garmin avionics and a little confused about the configuration of my GTX35R Transponder. The aircraft has not flown yet and the transponder is not recognised on the RS232 configuration page.

The attached 5 page pdf document shows an (x) for RS232 configuration page (the Transponder), however, the remaining transponder configuration pages (screenshots) show a Status with a green tick. The first page shows my wiring connections from the GTX35R.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Regards John

Attachments

• Garmin GTX35R Config Problem.pdf
    467.4 KB · Views: 317
Hi,

Here is the ADAHRS configuration page with a red cross in for the gps.

More information to solve my problem.

Regards John

Attachments

• ADAHRS Calibration page.pdf
    51 KB · Views: 325
Hi,

I have a full suite of Garmin avionics and a little confused about the configuration of my GTX35R Transponder. The aircraft has not flown yet and the transponder is not recognised on the RS232 configuration page.

The attached 5 page pdf document shows an (x) for RS232 configuration page (the Transponder), however, the remaining transponder configuration pages (screenshots) show a Status with a green tick. The first page shows my wiring connections from the GTX35R.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Regards John
Hello John,

Your RS-232 interface between the GTX 35R and the GSU 25 appears to be working fine.

As shown on the G3X Touch to GTX 35R wiring diagram on page 27-36 of the Rev. AM G3X Touch Installation Manual, there is no RS-232 connection between the GTX 35R and the GDU 4XX display(s).

The GTX 35R does not have an ADS-B receiver (just ADS-B Out), so there is no reason to wire the GTX 35R to the GDU 4XX and configure the GDU for "Connext 57600 baud" because it will never receive ADS-B traffic/weather from the GTX 35R.

Steve

I had a similar issue a couple years ago upon installing my system. It seems you need a RS232 serial line to your IFR GPS navigator. This was not on any of the wiring diagrams. It needs a waas gps for ADSB out.

I had a similar issue a couple years ago upon installing my system. It seems you need a RS232 serial line to your IFR GPS navigator. This was not on any of the wiring diagrams. It needs a waas gps for ADSB out.

If John has an IFR GPS navigator or a GPS 20A, he can follow the wiring guidance on page 27-34 to make that RS-232 connection to the GTX 35R.

Since John does not live in the U.S., he may not be attempting to create a FAR 91.227 compliant ADS-B Out installation, in which case the GPS data provided by the GDU 460 to the GTX 35R via the existing GSU 25 connection is all that is necessary for ADS-B Out. If this is what is desired, the GTX 35R RS-232 Port 2 configuration will need to be changed from "ADS-B+ GPS" to "None".

Steve

Back