What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grinning Again

JTJones

Well Known Member
Well, after removing my engine in January in compliance withe the XP-400 Recall/Buy-Back I have finally received my replacement engine. I went with an IO-390-X built by Barrett using my Superior case and sump. First flight on the new powerplant was 12/07. Flawless. It has been a long wait but I got the grin back!

ECFCCC6-C-4313-4-D72-B1-F4-882-F18-D7-C5-BD.jpg

Great news!

Glad to hear you are back flying that beautiful airplane.

You should stop by Newnan (CCO) and check out SAS.

BTW, that doesn't look like Hawaii ;)

Nice!

Glad to hear you got your mojo (grin) back:D
I just wanted to make a comment about the grass and where you are based? The Picture doesn't look like Hawaii but the grass is too green for this time of year! I think the setting certainly adds to the beauty.

Not Hawaii

The airplane is currently in central Florida. It was built at Synergy Air in OR and I have no plans to have it in Hawaii.

Well, after removing my engine in January in compliance withe the XP-400 Recall/Buy-Back I have finally received my replacement engine. I went with an IO-390-X built by Barrett using my Superior case and sump. First flight on the new powerplant was 12/07. Flawless. It has been a long wait but I got the grin back!

Congratulations, Jeff. I got my new Thunderbolt late in October, with first flight Nov 23 - have about 20 hours on it.

Also - that paint job is spectacular!

Lost 5 Horses

The XP-400 was advertised as 215 HP. The 390 210 HP. Still breaking it in and don?t notice a difference on takeoff but haven?t really leaned it much in cruise so time will tell.

Back