What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Customer get together

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I spent Saturday DRIVING to Jacksonville to see a customers RV6. Sam Staton is the 4th owner of this kit, and has been working hard to redo alot of things. Same had contacted me several weeks ago about some of the new version selector valve hoses, with some 'extra' modifications.

Just so happens, he is friends with another customer, Wendell Engelien, also of Jax, that is finishing his RV6A. Thats not so unusual. But---for me getting together with builders that usually are names on an email, or voices on a phone was a treat. WE spent several hours together, talking, looking, brain storming, and generally figuring out how we think.

I came away with the notion that getting together with builders is a great thing, not only to show new products or ideas, but to incorporate THEIR ideas into what we do. For me----being an exhibiter at the big shows is not something in the budget (although I've been to Sun n Fun as a patron for several years, and am planning on OSH this year). Its alot of money that frankly I can make better use of. But----seeing customers or potential customer within a 3-4 hour drive (right now) will help to build our database of what you guys want. So---for maybe one day a month set aside, I'll try to do just that.

Thanks again to Sam and his wife Christie, and Wendell for the invite to visit!
Tom

Wish I had known

that you were in Jax. I would have crashed the party and possibly brought Joe Tierney with me. I was on that side of the river picking up Joe's fuselage cart. I hope to order the hoses for my 7 from you in a few months!

HUM----Sam mentioned something about a get together in Green Cove Springs--perhaps we can do something with that.

LOL===Katie----you can see yours. I actually got some dust off the rudder of mine on sunday. Youre right though---3 hours one way or 1 hour----not much of a choice!
Tom

EAA 1379

meets at 7FL4 in Green Cove Springs on the 2nd Saturday of every month @1000. This Saturday we are having pancakes at 0900 before the meeting. Lots of RVs built and under construction along with others such as the Panther, Mustang, etc. You can't miss the hangar-it is midfield on the west side of the runway and painted/set up like a Naval Ready Room. Definitely worth a visit!

DFW 'Metro Mess'

The DFW 'Metro Mess' My word for Dallas Fort Worth :rolleyes:

Tom,

We need you to visit around here sometime. There is a lot of home building activity in this area. I bet we could show you a bunch of projects. And you could fly to a lot of them. Or I could fly you in my airplane.

Come on down!,,!

Last edited:
Jay---actually been planning on coming out there for quite a while now, but Business seems to make that alittle tough to do right now. I'd need a jet to do it, and havent found one yet!
But YES----I intend to come out for a visit!
Tom

Non stop!

Tom,

Bill, flew his RV9 Houston to S Carolina non stop this Friday. Looks like we need to get your 7 finished, so you can move around a little easer! :rolleyes:

Tom,

Bill, flew his RV9 Houston to S Carolina non stop this Friday. Looks like we need to get your 7 finished, so you can move around a little easer! :rolleyes:

Agreed!

Tom, with customers all over CONUS, you'll be flying that RV-7 more than Vlad to visit all your customers. :D

I'll be sure to send you an invite to the RV-10 HQ dinner at OSH when those plans are announced. It would be an easy and inexpensive method to see many of your customers in one spot. Of course the food and adult beverages aren't bad either!

bob

Bob-and ALL---
that was part of the plan 5 years ago when I got hooked on the RV's. Beats driving. I guessed it would be 17 hours DRIVING to OSH, or 5.0 flying to OSH. Thats a no brainer. Whats fun is when the Team AeroDynamix guys fly down here in 45 minutes to 1 hour. Messes up my head when its 5 hours DRIVING up there.
RV's are real time machines, and for us business owners, a real tool. Just getting it together is the holdup.
Tom

Get together in Jax

Tom -
I can't tell you how impressed and pleased I am that you came down here. That was amazing, and has made me a dedicated customer, as well as a friend. I will be discussing your coming down for a Chapter meeting with the leadership at our next meeting. Folks like you are a treasure that needs to be enabled at all times! Hope to see you again down here soon.

Sam

Me too

Like Jay said. Come on down (or over) to DFW.

I have a few questions for you.

Back