What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 sn 72525

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
We are done as of Saturday 10/19 I had my DAR inspection and passed
It was really great since this was my daughter, Sarah Birthday ad when I called her in California she was thrilled.

I had a lot of work to do the last week and a friend and A&P Bill Durham came over Wednesday and we got her weighed.
Left wheel 530
Right wheel 523
Tail wheel. 66
This is completely painted, interior, Koger air shade.
She weighed only 9 lbs heavier than Van's example in the construction manual

She is equipped with a Superior kit built Lycoming XIO360 a Hartzell blended airfoil prop
Dual Dynon's 10 and 7 in
MGL v6
Autopilot, ADS-B
The engine was built up by Carlus Gann of Gann Aviation

It was my hope to put it all back together Monday but my daughter had a baby and now today I have to do my corporate flying job...so Hopefully first flight will be Early Saturday AM

I just want to say a special thanks to Doug for such a great web site that has enabled me to meet a fantastic family and too all those that helped during my
2 year 9 month 20 day build.

Thank you
Smilin' Jack
N507H

That was quick!!!

Congrats Jack. When I started my project, I think you were just finishing up your wing kit... (like a year & a half back). I was always meaning to come out & check out your project but now I'd be coming out there to check out your completed plane. Amazing!

Now, I just hang my head in shame because I'm obviously a SLOW builder. :D

Back