What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-7 GARMIN AP Roll Servo Mount

Daniel S.

Well Known Member
Hi all-
Would any one happen to have info / pictures of the Garmin roll servo mount? Is it the same type of mount as the TT servo mount? Out in the aileron bellcrank bay? I have the TT mount for the right wing But will obviously be changing over to the Garmin servo for my planned set up. I would like to keep it in the same location but can't seem to find info on the Garmin mount. Maybe my web seach skill are dull.

Thanks

There are some issues trying to use the TT mount. The Garmin mount flange is so much thinner and the large part of the body is so much different that the TT angle brace won't work.

I just decided to swap to the Garmin mount.

Last edited:
Hi all-
Would any one happen to have info / pictures of the Garmin roll servo mount? Is it the same type of mount as the TT servo mount? Out in the aileron bellcrank bay? I have the TT mount for the right wing But will obviously be changing over to the Garmin servo for my planned set up. I would like to keep it in the same location but can't seem to find info on the Garmin mount. Maybe my web seach skill are dull.

Thanks

Hello Daniel,

Please refer to pages 9-29 and 9-30 of the Rev. K G3X Installation manual for RV-7 roll servo installation drawings.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Same location

Yes, it fits in the same location in the wing but the aft bracket is an issue as Brian mentioned. But, Steve at Garmin is a great source of help if you need it!

Thanks all!
I was not looking to use the TT mount eventhough they look simular. I learned from all the prior posts that they were not compatable. Thanks Brian & Melinda! :)

Steve- Now here comes my next question. Is there a different left & right wing mount? In the manual, mount part #011-02952-12 appears to be for the right wing, s that correct?

Thank you.

Thanks all!
I was not looking to use the TT mount eventhough they look simular. I learned from all the prior posts that they were not compatable. Thanks Brian & Melinda! :)

Daniel,

Sorry, I just glanced at my phone on your post and mistakenly that was your question....I need to read more carefully!

Back