What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BBQ-1, A quick run for some NC BBQ

kjowen

Well Known Member
Last Sunday, while having to fly off some time solo for the insurance company in the new -10, I needed to come up with somewhere to go. After a quick stop in western NC, then over the hills to N. Wilkesboro, and then a BBQ pick up in Lexington and a photo op with my bro and spouse. (Maybe one day they will even get off the ground). After packing the cooler, turned towards home to make dinner with the crew. Really loving the room and the ride in the -10.:D

dd380c1f551ab35421eaf7f3e8ab4f01.jpg

f403cde31ab524c8f3d82c7ddc5b7e46.jpg

fd15c4e69b029603e4cb34c27b05dce7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
N. Wilkesboro? You go back for another picture in front of the FBO? ;)

Fly that thing over here!

Nice bird.

I love that 10. It belonged to my brother Tim Morris. I recognized "Betty Boop" on the tail. Tim did it in memory of our mother Betty.
Tim really missed his 8.
Vic

Exactly!

N. Wilkesboro? You go back for another picture in front of the FBO? ;)

Fly that thing over here!

Tried to get the same shot but they were re-paving the ramp. Going to have to go back when it's done.....
Yea, I'll see you soon.......:D

For the next BBQ trip to NC..

Fly another 15 minutes east to Gilliam McConell airport "Pik-n-Pig" and have BBQ at our favorite NC fly in restaurant..we go there often and there usually usually a bunch of planes. Arrival/departure fly-bys often requested by the owner!

Loving the -10.....

I love that 10. It belonged to my brother Tim Morris. I recognized "Betty Boop" on the tail. Tim did it in memory of our mother Betty.
Tim really missed his 8.
Vic

I get so many comments on the -10.
It's a great example of the model, and Tim really cared for her well - it really shows ---- I feel bad, I need to go clean the bugs off, but I try to fly every chance I get:eek:
Clean or fly? Humm...

I know how he feels about his -8...
I miss my -8, too....:(

Fly another 15 minutes east to Gilliam McConell airport "Pik-n-Pig" and have BBQ at our favorite NC fly in restaurant..we go there often and there usually usually a bunch of planes. Arrival/departure fly-bys often requested by the owner!

Two thumbs up for the Pik-n-Pig!

BTW, the airport is 5NC3 and it is not on many GPS's. (35-20-30.0000N / 079-26-13.0000W)

Although it is a private airport, permission is not needed to land there, if you are going to the restaurant, which is on the airport, mid-field.

-10 at KINT this weekend......

What's the Airport Code for G. McConell?
Always ready to try another NC BBQ establishment.

Guys in Atlanta don't understand why I have to go so far for BBQ. I tell them; " you can get good BBQ almost anywhere, to get Great BBQ, you gotta go to NC";)

Winston-Salem is closest for our side of High Point.
Wake / NCSU Saturday afternoon and Dave Mason in High Point Saturday night. Probably will check in on the new owner of 97DW also. He is in Mt. Airy.

Thanks! I'll try it out.....

BTW, the airport is 5NC3 and it is not on many GPS's. (35-20-30.0000N / 079-26-13.0000W)

Although it is a private airport, permission is not needed to land there, if you are going to the restaurant, which is on the airport, mid-field.
Gotta have red vinegar slaw and hush puppies?

Got it! Close to Pinehurst!

124281f7cfb0fd74e80704e6bea83402.jpg

Back