What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electrical Diagram

dsm8

Well Known Member
Patron
I have downloaded the .pdf file for the RV-12, but it is so small I am thinking of having it blown up at Staples to blueprint size. I find looking at it on a computer very difficult.

Has anyone done this or used a program to view the electical.dwg file. I really have no desire to learn to use a new program. I want to get a better understanding of the wiring system and label them appropriately

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

You could try the free Autodesk Viewer on-line for looking at the Dwg file. I had an E size print made from the .dwg file, not sure how the pdf would come out at that scale.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

I have downloaded the .pdf file for the RV-12, but it is so small I am thinking of having it blown up at Staples to blueprint size. I find looking at it on a computer very difficult.

Has anyone done this or used a program to view the electical.dwg file.

Don -
You will find that when printed in order to get meaningful readability the paper will be huge.

I took the drawing file to a blueprint shop and had the drawing printed onto a full sized blueprint sheet. It was still hard to read so I had the shop split the drawing into four quadrants with another page dedicated to the interconnect maze.... each printed onto full sized blueprint paper. That really helped readability.

Last edited:
PRINT SHOP - -

I took the file to a local printer. They put it on the largest printer they had. Certainly helps.

I had mine printed in large format at Office Max. I keep it marked up with changes (ADS-B, VOR/ILS and rewiring fuel pum, etc.) Very easy to work with.

Back