What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

14A main gear tapered pin for jacking

jeffw@sc47

Well Known Member
I bought a tapered pin that is used for jacking the 14A about two years ago. It is inserted into the inside face of the the main gear leg at the axle, it goes through the wheel pant bracket which requires that you drill an approx 5/8" hole through that bracket. It came with instructions for drilling that hole which I did do.

I put the tapered pin somewhere so that I wouldn't lose it > a follow-up, I can't find it. If I can find who makes that pin it may help me locate it.

I inquired with Flyboys Accessories to see if I had ordered it from them and they replied that they did not have a record of an order from me for their tapered pin. I went ahead and ordered another pin from them to make sure I have at least one.

I searched the web for another tapered pin axle jack point and can't find one.

Does anyone know of someone who makes and sells something like that?

Last edited:
My floor jack is low enough in such way that I can just grab a portion of the gear leg and lift it up without any problem. Once lifted and wheel has been removed, I support the axle with block of wood.
For the round gear leg a hose clamp can be attached and used for the jack to lift up the gear. I used that method for my RV7A with no issues at all.

Back