What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First post here in over 6 years. Looking for folks in the area with 12is?s

Daniel S.

Well Known Member
Hey all-
It?s been a crazy six years for me & my family. My -7a build came to a halt, having a kid and changing jobs etc. Reflecting back on the years gone by, walking past my projects million times, the life long dream and passion persists!!! It can?t be ignored especially now that my daughter is going to turn 7 and as is an aviation nut as well! I?m guessing this trait is biological & not a learned behavior / passion.

It?s time to get back into building with the support of my family 😁...

The plan here is to tactically retreat from the -7, sell it and knock out a -12is with my daughter and a couple friends from the NE Atlanta builders group we had going several years back. One issue though I?ve flown just about every model of RV currently out there except the -12 as it was not of real interest to me until just recently. We want a plane we can knock out in about a year & half to two years or less. With all that said, I?m looking for someone in the KLZU area that would be cool enough to give a fellow builder a little demo flight & discuss LSA vs. ELSA intelligently. I?ve reached out to a couple of the ?Big Name Guys? in the RV community and pretty much got the cold shoulder which is disappointing to me. Any assistance any one could provide, would be greatly appreciated so I can pull the trigger & get rocking.

Hey all-
It?s been a crazy six years for me & my family. My -7a build came to a halt, having a kid and changing jobs etc. Reflecting back on the years gone by, walking past my projects million times, the life long dream and passion persists!!! It can?t be ignored especially now that my daughter is going to turn 7 and as is an aviation nut as well! I?m guessing this trait is biological & not a learned behavior / passion.
It?s time to get back into building with the support of my family 😁...
The plan here is to tactically retreat from the -7, sell it and knock out a -12is with my daughter and a couple friends from the NE Atlanta builders group we had going several years back. One issue though I?ve flown just about every model of RV currently out there except the -12 as it was not of real interest to me until just recently. We want a plane we can knock out in about a year & half to two years or less. With all that said, I?m looking for someone in the KLZU area that would be cool enough to give a fellow builder a little demo flight & discuss LSA vs. ELSA intelligently. I?ve reached out to a couple of the ?Big Name Guys? in the RV community and pretty much got the cold shoulder which is disappointing to me. Any assistance any one could provide, would be greatly appreciated so I can pull the trigger & get rocking.

Check your email.

Thank you so much Mel! You gave me the clarification detail I needed. I?ll shoot for ELSA & if Vans doesn?t incorporate some of the newer Garmin equipment by the time I get to the panel, I?ll go EAB. The regs read weird as usual. You explained it perfectly. Now, just need to find a quick ride.

Back