What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF Kit RV-12

michael2

Well Known Member
Rec'd message from Vans regarding FWF Kit. I wanted to purchase plans and motor mount/ prop and needed part numbers from plans. I understand the Kit will be ready to ship in approximately two months and the plans to
be ready about the same time.
Any one out there have any suggestions on how to aquire the motor mount sooner? Once I get the motor mount I will be in the air very soon.
Gerry
Repeat RV Builder, Six and Nine
CUB NC88583
RV-12, Waiting for Parts

Please help me to remember here. I could swear that the motor mount was originally in the finish kit. I just looked at the description of the kits on the order form and the engine mount is now listed in the avionics package. How will that work? I would think the engine kit would be done before the avionics.

Fl Mac

PART of the engine mount is in the finish kit. The upper shelf piece. The actual mount will be later. No idea as to why, by I did get the upper part that mounts above the shelf.

John Bender

RV-12 Motor Mount

It was orginally supposed tobe in Finish Kit. Both of the last two RVs I built the Motor Mount was included in the Finish Kit. Needless to say I am very disappointed that I don't have the Motor Mount and hardware. I don't believe we have been treated fairly. I hope we will be able to order the Mount and hardware with out a hassle. Has anyone even seen what the Mount looks like?It is not shown in any of the drawings. The part number is shown on the parts list to be in the FWF,WD1220 Engine Mount Ring. Please chime in should anyone have morte info.
Gerry
Waiting for parts to mount my engine.

Flow Chart Suggests Avionics before Firewall Forward

Please help me to remember here. I could swear that the motor mount was originally in the finish kit. I just looked at the description of the kits on the order form and the engine mount is now listed in the avionics package. How will that work? I would think the engine kit would be done before the avionics.

The flow diagram/table of contents for the builder's manual (page 1-1) that was posted on Van's website back in February contains all section numbers for the kit and in that, the avionics comes before the firewall forward steps. Hence, my guess is the avionics kit will be next and the engine/prop last for the RV-12.

Here is the link to that page: http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/revisions/RV-12/01-01.pdf

Back