What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Monument Valley from an RV

Valley

Awesome video. Awesome scenery. I'm going to get there somehow, someday. How did you do the forward and rear looking video?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting!

Lake Powell and Monument Valley are two of my favorite places to visit.

L.Adamson

Awesome video. Awesome scenery. I'm going to get there somehow, someday. How did you do the forward and rear looking video?

Thanks. It's hard to take a bad shot there with the sky clear and the sun setting/rising. It was shot with a Canon ZR 700 on a custom wing mount. Excellent little camera for the money. 720 lines, mini DV format, electronic stabilization.

As for the aft-facing shots, just had to do a Wayne Handley and put it in beta! ;)

Someday.......

Ok, back out to the garage to pound more rivets.
2 hour RV flight from my local.

Excellent - real motivation to go traveling

Enjoyed every second of this clip. Thank you. My wife and I are planning some summer trips. Could you tell me if these were shot during the early morning or evening. Any suggestions for flying in this area during the summer months?

Ed, this is my old stompin ground...the suggesting for flying in the summer months is...fly early. It gets pretty bumpy out there by 9 or 10 AM...

Outstanding!

Bryan, that's one of the best videos I've seen on the site.....just beautiful!

Was that Jeff's Bonanza?

Paul

awesome

I've watched almost every movie made with RV's in it and that has got to rank up there as one of the best. the scenery is incredible, youtube just doesn't do it any justice....I'd love to see the full file version !

I used to fly tourons there for a living. Gouldings lodge is a great place to eat or spend the night. They have cables set in the parking area, but you'll need your own tie downs. Motorcycle type tie downs work great. Runway is steeply sloped and plenty long, but one way in and out so watch for traffic.

Bryan, that's one of the best videos I've seen on the site.....just beautiful!

Was that Jeff's Bonanza?

Paul
Thanks. Yes it was Jeff, and Greg in the Mustang.

The challenge is picking only 4 minutes out of 4 hours of video that is all very scenic.

It really looks amazing on the HD TV. Might try to run some clips on TV or projection at Mike's BBQ this Saturday afternoon. I think I saw your name on a guest list as possible. Hope you can make it.

The hi res .avi video clip is somewhere around 1 gig.

Bryan

Last edited:
As so many others said or implied ... this is VERY nicely done and and a basket of needed motivation for increased garage hours. :D

CRS

It's been too long since I was there last. When did they pave the entire length of the runway?
Steve

Great video. My wife and I took a narrated tour from Moab in a C-210 this past summer and it was one of the highlights of our vacation. The scenery is just spectacular.
Flying the Canyon Lands and the Arches is definitly on my Bucket List. But, like the man said you need to do your activities in the early AM.
Gerry
RV-9, N92GC
J-3, NC88583
RV-12, Wing Kit Ordered

Back