What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Green/yellow/red markings

Hello everybody.
My RV-14A with stock IO-390, two blade Hartzell propeller, P-Mags a is (at last) ready for the first flight s/n140169.

I am in the process of programming the instruments (G3X) with the appropriate green/yellow/red fields.
I kindly ask you if you could share your experience with me where to put the green/yellow/red markings for these indicators:

Fuel flow
Fuel pressure
Oil temperature
Oil pressure
CHT
EGT
Volts
Amps
MAP
RPM

Thank you much in advance!
Renzo Corvetta
Italy

Hello everybody.
My RV-14A with stock IO-390, two blade Hartzell propeller, P-Mags a is (at last) ready for the first flight s/n140169.

I am in the process of programming the instruments (G3X) with the appropriate green/yellow/red fields.
I kindly ask you if you could share your experience with me where to put the green/yellow/red markings for these indicators:

Fuel flow
Fuel pressure
Oil temperature
Oil pressure
CHT
EGT
Volts
Amps
MAP
RPM

Thank you much in advance!
Renzo Corvetta
Italy

Lycoming has published recommendations for the engine parameters. Hartzell the same for propeller (if you're using Hartzell).

V-speeds may be slightly modified by measured speeds during testing - but the Van's recommendations are a good place to start.

I would like to thank Tim, Tom and Kriegler for their swift and helpful replies.
What a wonderful community you are, RV builders!

:):):):) Renzo Corvetta - Italy

Back