What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need some help with Part Numbers

ten4teg

Well Known Member
I recently purchased an RV12 and need a couple of part numbers.

On my seat backs, one has the hinged flapper installed that you can raise and clip under another piece on the cross member to raise the seat back in a more upright position, but does not have the piece installed on the cross member that the flapper slides under. On the other seat, neither of them are installed.

So, I need the part number for the hinged flapper and the piece on the cross member that the flapper slides under. I believe they are in Section 26.

Appreciate the help. Tom

Now in Section 25. I think you want:

F-01437 SEATBACK BRACE
F-01205D SEATBACK ADJUSTMENT GUIDE

Attachments

• Seatbacks.pdf
    182.8 KB · Views: 214
More complicated that you expected

You indicated a RV-12. The RV-12iS is a different design in this area, but matches your description better.

On the 12 the bottom of the seat is adjusted by selecting one of 2 hinge halves to attach the seat to. On the 12iS the bottom is adjusted using spring loaded pins that fit into one of 3 notches, no hinge on the bottom.

On the top of the 12 seat there is a triangular brace that is hinged to the seat and rests on the main cross member, but is not attached to the cross member. On the 12iS the top of the seat has a brace that is flat (with a lip) and fits under one of 2 lips riveted to the cross member. This results in more adjustability in the 12iS design.

If you really have a 12 and not the 12iS it sounds like someone retrofitted the iS design to one seat but not the other.

The "flapper" on the iS is F-01437 and 2 x F-01437A braces. The hinge half is designated F-1237-F, made from a section of AN 257-P2 hinge stock. (the other half goes on the seat back) Section 25 of the iS instructions covers the seat back assy.

Section 23 of the iS covers the installation of the clips on the center crossbar. F-1205-D and F-1205-E are the 2 pieces that make up one clip, so you need 2 of each per side.

If you really have the RV-12 (no suffix) the instructions for the seat back are in section 26. The brace is F-1237-G attached to the F-1237F hinge. (same hinge part number in both versions)

Note that I am building a 12 iS and have completed the Fuselage kit so I know the iS configuration. I am working from the RV-12 drawings that I got on the plans preview memory stick - so I may be less accurate on that configuration.

Thanks for the help

Thanks guys. You always come through. I have them on order and Vans says they are in stock.

Back