What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rental Cars at LOE

Tandem46

Well Known Member
Doug or anyone,

I called the enterprise number on the LOE page and was told I can't drop the car off on Sunday, only Monday. I asked about a drop box and she said there isn't one. Does this sound right? What rental company are others using?

Thanks, Tobin

Last edited:
Just talked to the actual rental place in El Paso (vice the 1 800 number) and she said I can drop the car off at the business on Sunday(they will be closed), but that it's then a 20 minute ride back to the airport and she confirmed that I can't drop it at the airport and leave the keys in it. Aren't most folks leaving Sunday and if so, what are you doing?

What happened to last year's rental company? They were great to work with, priced right, and had car drop off right at the museum on Sunday morning.

Nathan Larson
N217JT RV9E
560 hours flying fun

Hey Nathan,
Advantage gave us an ID code to use and a number to call - SEVERAL people called it and couldn't get through. Multiple tries on multiple days. We brought it to their attention and they couldn't have cared less. So....Enterprise and Avis and the others were given a chance. Still working on more solutions.

b,
d

Enterprise worked for me

I've got an intermediate reserved, will be at the Santa Teresa airport and the drop off is there as well. I used the El Paso phone # IIRC. (Don't have it handy just now.)

Hawk, D, and others,

Just talked with Rocio (same person as yesterday) and she said they are still ironing out the "drop-off" issue. Dropping the car off at the airport on Monday is not a problem, it's dropping it off on Sunday since Enterprise is closed and they don't want the keys locked in the car. They are working on a solution (coordinating with someone at the airport that folks can give their keys to). She did say that in any case that the car would be billed through to Monday, regardless of whether it was dropped off Sunday or not. I reserved a car but she's going to call me when they get a good fix on the drop off thing.

B,
T

Advantage Car Rental at LOE

I finally got through to Advantage and they sent me a confirmation:

Thank You for Choosing Advantage-Rent-A-Car.

CONFIRMATION#: -------034-EP SANTA TERESA FLY IN

Rental Location # 146 Date/Time 10/13/06 12:00
LAS CRUCES
126 E AMADOR
LAS CRUCES,NM 88001-3647
505-541-0411

You might try calling again. They said to be sure and bring proof of your own insurance or you would have to purchase insurance.

I am bringing a couple with me that will be flying back out of ELP so they are going to drop off the car on Sunday but I think Advantage has arranged for drop off's on Sunday at Santa Tresa as well.

I had a reservation at Enterprise that I cancelled because they wouldn't take a Sunday drop off and were also going to charge for 3 days instead of 2.

Ann just talked with J.J. at Advantage, 4200 N. Mesa, El Paso.
1-915-532-7747.
Picking up Dodge Stratus (mid-size) at Santa Teresa airport Friday.
Dropping off same place on Sunday. $59.66 total including tax.
Will need proof of insurance.

Well, guess I waited too long.....just talked with Advantage in El Paso (same number Mel posted) and was told no more vehicles for Santa Teresa airport pickuo/drop-off. The lady said they had reached their limit??? You can still rent a car from them, but you'll have to pick it up in El Paso. :mad:

I just got off the phone with JJ. Pick up at 5t6 on Friday, Drop off at 5t6 on Sunday morning, $59.66. I guess it just depends on who answers the phone down there. Anyway, I was very pleased with their service last year, and look forward to the trip again this year. See ya all there!

Nathan Larson
N217JT RV9E 570 hours of fun.

Last edited:
UPDATE

After a bit of phone tag with the El Paso Advantage car rental office, I finally got a car through them, same deal as Mel and Nathan. However, I had to go through the manager Deanna(sp??) and had to beg her. She was great and hooked me up. Bottom line, she said they were only going to allow a set number of cars to be picked up/dropped off at the airport and they have reached that limit so no more as of today. You can still rent from them but you can't drop it off at the airport on Sunday.

However, Enterprise will now allow you to pick up and drop off at the airport but it's a bit more expensive, $26 a day and they'll charge you through Monday. So that's a total of $78, not sure if tax is included.

I'm assuming there will be plenty of cars at the airport so I'm sure we can get everyone to the motels if someone does end up without a car.

Hope this helps.

Advantage Car Rental at LOE

UPDATE:

Either my buddy Bob Kaufman or I can ferry at least three people from the Advantage Car Rental dropoff at ELP back to Santa Teresa Airport on Sunday morning but only if they want to meet at the Advantage dropoff at ELP at 7:00 a.m.

The reason for the early morning meet is that Bob and his wife will be dropping my wife and I off at Santa Teresa Airport at about 8:30 a.m. to go to ELP to catch a flight out and drop off our Advantage Car Rental. My wife and I will be flying out of Santa Teresa in our RV-10.

Please contact me direct before 10-10-06 if you want me to help. Direct e-mail is dav1111 at cox.net

Russ Daves

ORIGINAL POST:

Just a thought but somebody who has a vehicle rented from Advantage and has arranged to drop it off at Santa Teressa might offer to serve as a transporter for 3-4 people who are required to drop off at the Advange ELP locatation and drive over in convoy with the group on Sunday morning from the hotel before coming back to Santa Teressa.

Although I have an Advantage reservation, my buddy and his wife are coming with us from Las Vegas and are dropping the car at ELP as they are flying back to Las Vegas commercially while my better half and I head on to Lubbock, otherwise I would be willing to act as the transporter. I will e-mail Bob and ask him what time his flight is out of ELP and if it is late afternoon I might even be able to presuade Bob to act as a transporter even thought it would require him to make a second trip.

My suggestion to anyone who is willing to serve as a transporter on Sunday morning is to post their offer on this trend and see if anyone wants to work it out.

I will update once I hear back from Bob.

Last edited:
Back