What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 'Zulu-7' i.e. ZU-LUZ Rudi Greyling

RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
RV-7 ZU-LUZ Rudi Greyling

After 3 years and 2500 hours of work...

...Presenting Rudi's RV 'Zulu-7' i.e. ZU-LUZ
final_01.jpg

final_02.jpg

final_03.jpg

Thanks to my wonderful wife Anel, my endearing daughter Anri and my AP inspector Steve Boshoff!

My brother who considers him somewhat of a photographer took some pics below.
rv_final_08.jpg

rv_final_09.jpg

rv_final_10.jpg

rv_final_11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
EAA Sun and Fun (South Africa @ Tempe Bloemfontein)

HI Rvators an Update,

Well RV zulu 7 attended the (South African) EAA Sun and Fun at Bloemfontein Tempe.

She 'took the show' and won 2 trophies:
1) First price: Grand Champion Kit Building
2) First price: Grand Champion Overall for the show.

Thank you very much for the recognition, I feel so humble and proud at the same time! :eek::D

rvzulu7_eaa_trophies.jpg

Kind Regards
Rudi

Last edited:
Way to go Rudi! I don't think any of us that have watched you along the way would of expected anything less.:)

I really like those Jeff B LED lights in the wing tips. NICE!

Nice Job!

Rudi ... Congratulations on a build well done! Great pictures ... awards were well deserved.

Congratulations!

Congratulations Rudi.

Having watched your progress I'd bet that you'd win at Oshkosh too.

Jim Sharkey
RV6 - On way to airport to mount the wings!

Congratulations Rudi

I would have had a hard enough time trying to make your videos, let alone build such a beautiful airplane.

Cant wait to see what your RV-12 looks like ...:)

That plane looks worth of every trophy - just go and grab them! Oh, you may become too busy with your next project... ;)

Just amazing. One of the nicest I have seen pictures of. What color red did you use?

The colors are from an Automotive Colour Chip Display: CAR=MG ROVER, Model=2003, Color ="Hot Red" and "Titanium Silver" the white is just a very bright white. You should be able to pick it up from your automotive paint mix place for the details.

Way to go Rudi! Very nice work.

BTW, those seats are pretty neat. Where did you get them?

The seats was locally done by an upholsterer, I gave him the color, design, templates and foam cores and all he had to do was his magic with his scissors,needle and thread. :D

Well done!

Congratulations Rudi.

We've been following your build progress closely and those trophy's are well deserved!

If you are flying in the vicinity of Kitty Hawk, please come and show us your beautiful plane ;)
(We are building weekends in hanger 118)

Congratulations Rudi.

We've been following your build progress closely and those trophy's are well deserved!

If you are flying in the vicinity of Kitty Hawk, please come and show us your beautiful plane ;)
(We are building weekends in hanger 118)

With Pleasure, PM me your mobile and I'll give you a ring when I go eat Breakfast out that way! Rudi

Rudi,

I've said it before and i'll say it again, that's a beautiful RV-7, fantastic paint and fantastic construction!! Bravo Zulu to you!!! Worthy of Every trophy!!

i love it!! hope it's ok with you but i have all your pics saved on my hard drive!:D

Say Rudi....

....we haven't had a report on the South African group of RV-12 builders in a while.

Any updates, we'd appreciate.:)

Thanks,

.... I'm REALLY JEALOUS of the "N" number......!

Thanx he he :D I am already busy with my RV10 and following tradition I got ZU-LUX reserved = RV ZULU X or otherwords RV ZULU "Roman Ten"

Here is a sneak preview of my RV10 seats and logo matching its registration...
seats_02.jpg

Back