What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SOCAL RV Transition Training

Mandelbaum

I'm New Here
Good evening all!

I find myself in the late process of acquiring an RV-4. I am in search of transition training in an RV-6 or RV-7 to meet insurance requirements, earn a tail wheel endorsement, but most importantly, to set myself up for success for safely piloting an RV-4.

Do any CFI’s in the SOCAL area (I’m located in San Diego) offer instruction in an RV-7 or RV-6? I will concede that most of my time is rotary-wing.

Open also to advice or thoughts on how to proceed from here. Thanks in advance!

Jake

In the midst of all the posts about the ‘new’ LODA, you are looking for a cfi with the ‘old’ LODA, allowing him to furnish a -6 or -7 for hire. You may have to get a tailwheel endorsement in an airplane with a standard airworthiness certificate. You want to make an appointment with Mike Seager (spelling?) near Vans, in OR.

As I peruse the forums more closely, I’m starting to realize that is the way forward. I’ll brush up on the recent changes.

Give Reuven Silberman a call. He is based out of KSEE and did my -10 transition trainig and first flight.

(Eight Five Eight)254-3848 or pilots2 at yahoo dot com

Where will you base your -4? I have a -10 at KSEE.

E

Likely either MYF or SEE depending on availability, seems like you have to end up in the right place at the right time to find hangar space.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll reach out!

Back