What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

meeting VAF friends in Florida, from Italy

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
On April 26 driving from Cocoa Beach to Miami I got the chance to meet some VAF friends.

It’s always a special moment to meet guys from the other side of the Pond; coming from Italy with Experimental aircraft and RVs passion in mind it’s a joy to see how things could be easy …..and cheap.

My call from a VAF thread had some answers so I stopped in Vero Beach to meet Dick, Pat and Tom. They have close hangars in what is for me a planes paradise but quite standard in Usa.

Dick built an impressive 8, Pat built a 6 as repeat offender and produces the trim/flap board that I’ve wired almost ten times :), Tom won the Kit Champion - Bronze Lindy in Oshkosh 2018 with his gorgeous RV-7. I saw Kenny's RV-10, Kenny is another friend that missed our meeting.

After the visit I pointed to Palm City to meet Lenny, he built a beautiful 10 with a lot of customized items and has another project in his great hangar in a private airpark.

Turbo should be with us in Palm City but time and organization didn’t match.

I saw an incredible level of quality homebuilders and speaking with them was a joy and a great opportunity, thanks a lot guys for your hospitality hope to see you soon.

Luke

ps: unfortunately my VAF hat was missed into the car @ Munich airport parking :rolleyes:

mepatdisk.jpg

patplane.jpg

dickplane.jpg

tomplane.jpg

lerryplane.jpg

lenny.jpg

Turbo missed the meet but, to celebrate him, I found an old photo from Oshkosh 2013 :)

turbo.jpg

Last edited:
luke, glad you got lots of rv fun here in florida. great pic brought back some fun memories of OSH. thanks. turbo out. ;)

Hey Luke,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family!
I read your groundloop rebuild article in Kitplanes, it was awesome. Keep 'em coming!

Lenny

Back