What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Incorrect Skyview tach reading from Emag

cardinalflier

Well Known Member
My Skyview is reading 2x the correct tach reading from my Lightspeed mag and I can't find the fix in the Skyview installation manual. Help, please. Thanks, Bruce Estes

Look in the installation manual under EMS. I had the same problem. Sorry can't give you section...

From the Dynon manual:

Dynon said:
Tachometer
Tachometer pulses/revolution are set in the Engine Information Wizard ? SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > EMS CALIBRATION > TACHOMETER CALIBRATION.

I'm confused by your post. The title lists Emag and the body of your posts mentions Light Speed.

The P-mags default is 2 pulses per revolution and I have no idea what the default PPR for Light Speed might be.

Adjust you E-Mag settings

I went in and adjusted the E-Mag pulses from 2 to 1. Problem solved. You have to connect up to the E-Mag with a laptop and run their utility to change the settings. It was easy. If you have questions let me know.

Richard

Is it a Lightspeed, Mag or Pmag? Post is a little confusing and the correction will depend on which you have.

Back