What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint gun

rwayne

Well Known Member
I'm thinking about touching up some areas on my RV that have stone chips and an area we had to re-glass. I have the single stage paint and it is metallic. Any recommendations on a paint gun/ system?

Wayne

Buy the black widow from harbor freight. Much better gun than the cheap finish line guns and not much more money.

Devilbiss

Devilbiss FLG. Mine is an older #3 but it works. 3M 200 micron 6oz PPS cups. Cups are displosable and allow painting any orientation. I use a 1.8 for primer and 1.3 for finish paint.
Been wanting to try the Black Widow though.

Black widow painted this. Any flaws are because of my work or dust that i still need to wet sand out.

Attachments

• 20210116_160931.jpg
    20210116_160931.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 195
Another vote for the Devilbiss Finish Line gun. I just moved up from their Starting Line to the FLG4 and am very happy with it. If you're going to do much painting I'd recommend getting one of the disposable cup systems for whatever gun you choose. I'm using Dekups but PPS is probably equally as good. You'll need the correct adapter for your gun. I may inflame the eco-nazis with my one time use plastics but I use a helluva lot less solvent.

Back