What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with POH

flyinhood

Well Known Member
So I have just put my 6 back into Phase 1 for a GW increase of up to 1,750 lbs. I have the EAA Flight Test Manual / Test Card Book.

I'd like to write a POH for my airplane. So first question:

Does the RV 6 just have a "Utility" and "Aerobatic" category envelope and G limit recommended by Vans?

Is there a "normal" or has anyone flight tested and created one? I have found some other POH where the owner has Utility at the recommended gross, than Normal up to the increased gross.

If Vans recommends a max of 6g under his recommended acro w&b envelope, what have other owners decided above his recommended weight? 3.8? 4.4?

Vans Site says:

"The RV-3B, RV-4, RV-7/7A, RV-8/8A and RV-14/14A have been designed for the operational stress limits of the aerobatic category (+6.0/-3.0 G) at and below their aerobatic gross weights. The operational stress limits for these aircraft between their aerobatic gross weights and their maximum design gross weights are utility category (+4.4/-1.75 G). The RV-9/9A, RV-10 and RV-12 are not designed for aerobatic flight."

No mention of 6? Thoughts?

I'm trying to read some old threads about "linear G increase" now.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back