What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisplat VS Mod..Anything new on this?

bkc3921

Well Known Member
Although I am having no cracking issues, I elected to purchase the Antisplat VS modification, as I thought it couldn't do anything but make my 7 a little better... I'm close to the install, and decided to go back and read all of the threads on this mod when it came out in 2012. Long story short, now I'm not so sure if I want to install it at all. After 11 pages of engineers vs. pilots vs. Allan, I'm more confused now than ever. Some say it can't hurt...other say it may cause more problems than it solves...and even others say there is not a problem to BE solved...

One of the largest concerns was there was no data analysis available at that time about the potential effects of the mod transferring stress to other areas of the airframe.

Without reigniting WW3, now that it has been 7 years since the mod has been out, has anyone had any issues with the mod to date?..Has it actually induced stress into any other areas? Just wondering about the CURRENT thinking...

Thanks in advance.

Also interested in any issues that have been identified

I?m in a similar position and also would like to hear about any issues anyone has encountered.

Thanks

Shane

5 years

Installed and flown 800 hours over five years. No sign of stress transferred elsewhere.
(one other data point----- not for debate... just the facts. In order to push my RV backwards, I push the tail down by hand, then sit on it. Facing forward. I then walk my plane back into the parking spot. The horizontal hits me in just the right spot to catch the leg/butt junction <YMMV> and it is the easiest way I have found to maneuver the RV backwards.)

Back