What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help! Unsure what to do next...

idleup

Well Known Member
I just finished the canopy and creating the fuel and break lines inside the fuse, I have the pump cover completed. Now what?

Do I install the landing gear or do the avionics and electronics first while the fuse is low to the ground? Do I do the firewall forward and engine fitting before gear and avionics?

The manual just kind of drops off at this point... Need some guidance. Thanks.

Yeah, it does. I kinda went in both directions here. I put it on the gear figuring it would allow me to work on the panel (and I'm mounting antenna on the belly) and I also put on the mount and engine (although try to get as much as possible mounted on the firewall first).

My goal was to get the wings on so I could run wiring to/from the panel. The low-to-the-ground thing wasn't that important to me (it's an "a" and has the step).

I still think it would be a great service to the RV building community to start a checklist for this point forward to help people. Yes, there are differing configurations that have something to do with it, but it still would be a tremendous help.

Back