What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightspeed Ignition displayed on G3X Touch

Planecrazy232

Well Known Member
Since the capabilities are there I wired in my Lightspeed ignition to display timing, MP & RPM on my G3x. I used the L2E adapter from Flight data systems between the two. Easy wiring and configuration using the general purpose inputs on the G3XT. See photos showing 25.5 degrees timing under high MP during climb, and higher timing during cruise. Works as it should. Only anomaly is the RPM shows 80 higher than the G3XT.

Attachments

• 963.jpg
    963.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 1814.jpg
    1814.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 131
Did the same with my Dynon HDX1100 showing both top and bottom Lightspeed Plasma III timings.

Could you supply your program for that to happen? I have one lightspeed and one mag, so mine would be different, but yours would be a model that works. I suspect you have two inputs to the EMS and a program for each.

Is the information purely for monitoring? I didn't think you could do any in-flight adjustment.

Is the information purely for monitoring? I didn't think you could do any in-flight adjustment.

Correct- just for monitoring. There is however the ability to add an adjustable 10K resistor to the Lightspeed for manual adjustment if desired.

Other RPM source

I am at this stage on my dual lightspeed Plasma II+, IO-360 Superior RV 7a of wiring up the RPM. Where are you getting your second source for RPM? Thanks

I am at this stage on my dual lightspeed Plasma II+, IO-360 Superior RV 7a of wiring up the RPM. Where are you getting your second source for RPM? Thanks

RPM1 is the original wiring with a pick-up in the left mag. RPM2 is from the Lightspeed. I have one mag and one Lightspeed. Interestingly, when I added the second RPM input, the system renamed them 1 & 2 on its own. So smart...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back