What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap positioning system.

Flap positioning System

The MGL SP-10 works as a good self contained multi position Flap positioning system.

I put 3 black stripes on the OB end of the flap for 10/20/30 and look out the window :eek:

I'm a big fan of KISS

I put 3 black stripes on the OB end of the flap for 10/20/30 and look out the window :eek:

I'm a big fan of KISS

+1

Works surprisingly well and very easy to maintain. Only problem was that I couldn't see the marks on a moonless night.

Larry

I love the Showplanes kit I installed on mine, 720 hours so far, not the first problem.

Show planes

One feature of ShowPlanes I like is ‘one touch’ UP function. You dont have to hold the switch for a go-around.

I'm a big fan of KISS

I don't even have the stripes. Below flap speed on downwind, flaps 4s. Short final flaps down until I can hear the end of travel sound. Flap positions simply aren't important enough to require precision. My flap switch is one inch to the left of the throttle. Wouldn't want it anywhere else, especially not on the stick, where it could be inadvertently actuated at 160 knots...

I don't even have the stripes. Below flap speed on downwind, flaps 4s. Short final flaps down until I can hear the end of travel sound. Flap positions simply aren't important enough to require precision. My flap switch is one inch to the left of the throttle. Wouldn't want it anywhere else, especially not on the stick, where it could be inadvertently actuated at 160 knots...

My thoughts exactly. My settings are
I don't need any
I need some
I need them all.

Back