What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Livermore CA Hanger Needed LVK

Frankster13

I am in immediate need of an hanger in LVK Livermore CA. My aircraft is nearing completion and not yet flying. I am putting this out there before I have to commit to a sub optimal sub lease. I need the hanger for the next two or three months. Then I should be flying and able to move it across the bay to my home field.

Good luck. I lived there for more than 5 years when I worked in Fremont. Never got any return phone calls from there nor any other of the bay area airports. And I was even trying as far away as Watson. And expect to pay upwards of $1000 a month...ridiculous monopoly. You're better off moving it to Modesto or Stockton maybe and just drive to it.

Shade Hangars

I could not do my Phase 1 out of SQL, so I moved my plane to Livermore. I ended up parked on the ramp in front of the tower, but toward the end of my stay (~3 months) there, they did offer me a shade hangar that had become available. So maybe there isn't one available now, but you can ask how long the shade hangar wait list is.

There is also a pretty active EAA chapter there. You might contact them and ask if anyone has some spare room.

But worst-case scenario you could get a cover and you'll be fine. I had to do the drive there every time with my car loaded with tools (or hundreds of pounds of sand used to Weight/CG testing). Get a truck-bed tool box and lock it to the tie down so you can leave most of the bulky and heavy stuff there. Not ideal, but really doable.

First let me say that klvk is a good place for your phase 1.
I’m sure that the airport admin does answer the phone but probably doesn’t have hangar space for 3 months (3 is very optimistic).
Our local eaa chapter meets tomorrow (Thursday) at 7 pm at the fbo so you can come and introduce yourself and see if anyone has a lead on hangar space.
There are some airport companies that may have shared hangar space also.

You should also try Concord.

Check KDVO Gnoss Field in Novato

Check Gnoss field in Novato KDVO. Hangars come up there on occasion. I know there is an empty one across from me now. Someone just sold a plane...they were renting. I change my N number through Oakland FSDO and they gave me an area around KDVO if I had to go back in to phase 1.

I will be selling my hangar this time next year. Hopefully moving out of California. :D

Guys- My sense is that Frank is trying to avoid de-mating the wings and trailering his plane somewhere else.
Frank - If you are willing to take the wings off, the flying particles has the hangar at the south end of my row (across from you). That hangar has a large end room that *might* fit your fuselage only. You would have to measure it, get them agree to your de-cluttering it and sub-letting, etc. I have the combo and can let you look. Of course I have no idea if they would go for it. And the hangar gets a fair amount of use. Etc.

Bob

Back