Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosDumont View Post
I use the website webuildplanes.com Itís super easy to use from my phone, I just snap a picture on my phone as Iím working and write down what task I completed and how many hours I worked on it.
Is that site free??
Old 01-18-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyL View Post
Is that site free??
It seems to be. Looks to have potential, but I still like the Eaa site personally.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:30 PM

Excellent, ill check it out. I like the idea of posting using my phone in seconds.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:11 PM

This makes me wonder if or how secure the EAA builder logs are. I've been doing a paper build log at the same time but that obviously won't have photos.

Just sent an email off to the EAA support site to see how they back up the builder log sites.

I don't know of any easy way to back it up on a computer or spare drive.

Anyone know??
Working on the HS
Builder #83203
VAF Dues Paid Monthly
My Build Log: https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&proj=7YG4STHvs
Old 01-19-2021, 12:09 AM

Default EAA Backup

The EAA builder site has a way to download your entries to an excel document. I haven't done mine as yet so I don't know that much about it. The download tab is under "My Account". As an excel document, I doubt your pictures are included, but I keep copies of mine on both my phone, desktop and cloud backups so I'm good with that.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I just downloaded my project and thumbnails of the pics are included as well. I'm no expert in Excel, so I don't know if you can upsize them back to the original size or not.

Last edited by No_0ne : 01-19-2021 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:23 PM

I use a Google Spreadsheet with one row for each building session. Date, what I did, hours broken out by major section (empennage, wings, etc.), any Service Bulletins included in the work, and links to any pictures I took.

I also have other pages in the spreadsheet where I list deferred steps, budgets for avionics and other purchases, a circuit list, a fuse list, electrical load analysis, connector list showing all pinouts, and other information about the build that I might find useful later.

Happy to share a read-only link to it if anyoneís curious about how itís laid out. Just PM me with your Google account name.
Donated 12/31/2020
RV-7A (N12VD): Empennage and wing kits complete minus fiberglass. Fuselage, wiring, and canopy complete. IO-360-M1B mounted. Working on cowl and baffles.