What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Options for Tall Folks

[email protected]

I'm New Here
I really like the -14A but have a "pre-existing" condition that I am trying to resolve. That condition is that I am 6'8" (2.0m) and about 210lbs (95K). I have seen the sales spiel that the 14 is built for big pilots with its bigger (wider) cabin. Girth isn't really my problem, the height is.

Most of the flying I have done has been in C172's, currently flying a C177RG.

I "tried on" an 8 last spring and could touch the top of both wings after I managed to get seated. The tall man option was not installed in that plane but it seemed unlikely to provide the room I would need to be comfortable.

I would be interested in everyone's thoughts, observations, or opinions regarding how well I might fit in a 14a.

Thank You

I'm 6'2 and have the seat and rudder in mid positions and am very comfortable no complaints at all.

6'4" here- building a 7A with the almost a 14 mod and fit well (just a little tight headroom but will thin seat cushion likely)

I've got 3-4 hours in the factory 14A and had plenty of room. I think with a thin cushion and pedals forward you may fit just fine, but need to try one on to see how it fits you.

Back