What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GPS175 Backlight Offset

YellowJacket RV9

Well Known Member
Patron
For some reason the display on my new GPS175 seems to dim way too much at night, so at every startup I need to go into the settings and adjust the manual backlight offset. The manual says this setting should be retained between power cycles but it keeps resetting to 0%.

Anybody had this happen or experienced excessive dimming? I don't have an external dimmer circuit, so adjusting that way is not an option at the moment.

Thanks

Chris

Photocell

For some reason the display on my new GPS175 seems to dim way too much at night, so at every startup I need to go into the settings and adjust the manual backlight offset. The manual says this setting should be retained between power cycles but it keeps resetting to 0%.

Anybody had this happen or experienced excessive dimming? I don't have an external dimmer circuit, so adjusting that way is not an option at the moment.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

From the main configuration menu, select Setup, and then Lighting Configuration.

There are a few settings in the photocell configuration tab that adjust the slope of the photocell curve and response to changes in ambient lighting.

Slope - Sets the display brightness sensitivity according to input level changes.

Offset - Adjusts the lighting level up or down for a given input level.

You may also consider raising the minimum level for the display in the lighting menu. Some trial and error with the different settings in a dark hangar would be helpful in setting the display up to meet your personal preferences.

Thanks,

Justin

Back