What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Cover of the Rolling Stone...."

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Well....Kitplanes Magazine that is!:D

Louise's August issue came in the mail today, so I guess that means it has hit the streets and I can let the cat out of the bag.

Top.jpg

Paul

Nice! And Congrats!!!!

Way to go Paul (and the rest of the "Friends" Team).

James
"CB"
3rd in line to fly "The (Restored) ONE" :)

where is my copy?

I subscribe to the online version and I didn't get my pdf copy yet! ugg! no fair!!

Stoned

Congrats to all involved. It's nice to be associated with such a bunch of great people!:D

Thread hijack in three, two..
Ok fess up, who besides me has that album?

Nice job goes out to the whole crew on The One.
Looked good at Golden West.

Don't have the album, but I have the song on my iPod in the "Hangar Tunes" folder.:cool:

Congrats Paul and the rest of the team!

Cover of the Rolling Stone

Totally off topic, but I get it! They must be singing about the Friends of the RV-1. Congrats to all the Volunteers. We made the big cover! Kitplanes!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, we're big rock singers
We got golden fingers
and we're loved everywhere we go
We sing about beauty
and we sing about truth
at ten-thousand dollars a show
We take all kinds of pills
that give us all kind of thrills
but the thrill we'll never know
Is the thrill that'll getcha
when you get your picture
on the cover of the Rollin Stone

(Dr. Hook)

Thanks a lot...

A sentence that I never thought I'd say...I've got Dr. Hook stuck in my head and I cant get it out.

That is very cool! It's great to see Dick on the cover of Sport Aviation and the RV-1 on the cover of Kitplanes!

Yup - The RV community is definitely getting some (good) exposure right now! this project has been such an incredible pleasure to be a part of - I long ago lost count of the number of participants (I know we can recreate it all from the records - just can't hold it all in my head...) during the acquisition, restoration, and tour. The pilot cadre has all been outstanding - the airplane is in better shape now than when it left Texas, thanks to the handlers along the way. Everyone who touches the airplane becomes a part of it's history, and recognizes that - it has been a golden opportunity.

Thanks to all!

Paul

Nice article on a nice subject Paul.

BTW I know this doesn't make either of us right or anyone else wrong, but I sure do agree with Van on steering chain adjustment.

Back